How many oz for 7 week old?

Starlight32

Reaction score
For those who formula feed, how many oz does/did your seven week old eat each feeding? How often?

They should have as much as they want as often as they want. At 7 weeks, I would say that was probably around 60-90ml every 3-4 hours, maybe 8 feeds a day, but that was partly breast milk and partly formula. She wasn't a very big eater. But really as much as they want and whenever they seem hungry. If your LO is draining every single bottle, I'd offer more until you get to a point where he/she is leaving a little and being satiated after a feed.

She usually eats 3 to 5 oz each feeding but earlier she had almost 8 at one feeding. Seems like a lot??

My almost 8 week old. Takes anywhere between 3 -5oz . 8 bottles in 24hrs.

8 does seem like a big jump. But you r suppose to feed on demand so baby obviosly wanted it!

My 9 week old used to eat 5 oz every 2 hours but has slowed down to about 4oz every 2-3 hours. She's a big baby though, 15.5lbs already

My 5 week old has been drinking 4-5oz since he was about 3 weeks old and goes anywhere between 2-4 hours between feeds having 7or8 bottles a day. Every baby is different and needs different amounts, I thought 5oz sounded like a lot at 3 weeks but he obviously needed that amount.

Poppy has between 3-4oz every 2.5 hours during the day.

Thanks ladies!

She usually has 5 or 6 bottles per day but she didn't drink 8oz each feeding yesterday. Usually about 26 oz per day total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->