How many oz?!

ladders

Reaction score
Hi ladies I was hoping you could help, I'm moving on from bf and wanting to give formula but as I ebf for 7 months it's all a bit new to me so I apologise if this sounds stupid! The packet says for a 7oz feed add 7 scoops to 210ml water but that makes 8oz of milk! Should I use less water to make 7oz of milk or do it as per instructions even though you don't get what they say.
Also I thought of making the bottle with 3oz of boiling water mixed with the formula first to kill the bugs and then top up with 4oz cooled boiled water so is ready to feed straight away as my girl isn't very patient. Is this ok?

Thank you 😊

Follow the directions on the packet. I think of a 210ml feed as 210ml of water and however many scoops of formula it says, even though by adding the formula, the solids displace some of the water. You will never get exactly 210ml of formula at the end, if that makes sense. I don't work in oz. personally, but use whatever measurements you want and stick with it rather than trying to go between the two. Oz and ml aren't equivalent, they are just different ways of measuring, like yards and metres. So yes, add however many scoops to 210 ml of water as it says on the packet.

Are you worried about bugs in the water or bugs in the formula??

If you are worried about bugs in the water - then boil a lot of water at one time and then refrigerate it. Then you can take the water out and make the formula. I bet your LO won't mind it cold. Mine doesn't.

If you are worried about bugs in the formula then you can buy the sealed premixed kind and that is sterile. It is just EXPENSIVE

If you are worried about bugs in the water - then boil a lot of water at one time and then refrigerate it. Then you can take the water out and make the formula. I bet your LO won't mind it cold. Mine doesn't.

If you are worried about bugs in the formula then you can buy the sealed premixed kind and that is sterile. It is just EXPENSIVE

I think UK and USA might be different. There are no UK brands believed to be entirely sterile as far as I know. I'm not sure if it matters once LO is 7monrhs though as I know some people don't steralise bottles at that age...someone with more experience might know.

I think UK and USA might be different. There are no UK brands believed to be entirely sterile as far as I know. I'm not sure if it matters once LO is 7monrhs though as I know some people don't steralise bottles at that age...someone with more experience might know.

Huh, I didn't know you don't have the premixed sealed kind there. It is sterile but like I said, so expensive. And I agree, I wouldn't worry about the bugs too much at that age. Its not like its high chance of a 7 month old's immune system not being able to handle the very few that might trickle in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->