How many people stuck to their natural birth plans?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Wondering how many people planned a completely natural drug-free birth and managed to stick to this the whole way through?

I did my experiences are here https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/533412-my-natural-hospital-birth-experiences.html its a bit long though :)

I managed with all four of mine....three were in hosp birthing centre,with gas&air.... and my last ws delivered by my partner (whoops, m/w didnt get to us in time as 30min labour lol) with no pain relief, and natural third stage also. It can be done, and what a sense of acheivement it was too. x x x

I am booked in at a birth centre but was reading up on it and 39% of people are transferred to a hospital for pain relief apparently, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it. Don't even want gas and air but that's more because my mum didn't for any of us and I think she'll be disappointed if I cave in and have anything. And thank you Faun I'll read it now =]]

I am booked in at a birth centre but was reading up on it and 39% of people are transferred to a hospital for pain relief apparently, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it. Don't even want gas and air but that's more because my mum didn't for any of us and I think she'll be disappointed if I cave in and have anything. And thank you Faun I'll read it now =]]

Wow! ! ! 39%? :nope: At the birth center in my city the transfer rate is less than 20%. . .and only about 16-18% of them are for pain relief, the rest are other complications (fast infant breathing, meconium, etc.). Anyways, it really makes me wonder if there is a lot to be said for the kind of emotional support you get, as well as the kind of natural pain relief the center can offer you (water, massage, etc.). I'll bet you can do it hun! And don't worry about your mum - she'll be so proud of that Grandbaby that she won't have time to be disappointed if you need pain relief. :flower:

I read it was 40% of first time mothers who transferred, rather than mothers in general. I think an awful lot does have to do with the support you have - my midwife has only had a couple of transferrees and she reckons that's down to preparation and support. Think of it like this though, even if 40% transfer, you have a 60% chance of getting the birth you want.

I did, I had a homebirth so there wasn't an option for anything anyways. The only reason I would have gone to the hosital is if there was a problem.

I've had 3 babies with 2 'plans'. No plan with my first and it wasn't actress experience. Birth centre with a clear plan for my second and home with a clear plan with my third and both of those went as I'd hoped.

Me :wave: I think the key for first timers is to stay at home until you really cannot take it anymore. When we went in my OH had to phone the birth centre because I couldn't talk to the midwife. I was examined when I got there and was 7cm :thumbup: xxx

Me :wave: I think the key for first timers is to stay at home until you really cannot take it anymore. When we went in my OH had to phone the birth centre because I couldn't talk to the midwife. I was examined when I got there and was 7cm :thumbup: xxx

That's what I'm planning. OH is scared I'll end up having the baby in the bath at home because I've said I really don't want to go to hospital until I have to. Thinking of waiting til transition (if I know when I'm there) but by then I probably won't want to be moved anyway. The idea of hospitals just terrifies me.

I stuck to everything except when I was pushing. My dd was being born in the bags of waters and so I finally agreed to let the MW break them LOL

If you are curious, my birth plan is here:
https://livinghorowitzly.blogspot.com/2010/12/natural-childbirth-birth-plan.html

Feel free to use or cut and paste!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->