how many times do you bf your 9 month old?

cat_reversing

Mummy to beautiful V
Reaction score
Lo will be 9 months next week and is still having 4 feeds - upon waking, before 1st nap, before 2nd nap and before bed, she still feeds at night once or twice but has been sleeping longer lately and slept right through the other night without a feed.
I want to continue as long as she wants to and I guess i'll just keep offering as I have been and she'll refuse it when she doesn't want anymore, she eats 3 good meals a day also and has snacks.
and what about at 12 months/ 18 months?

I was just about to ask this so I'm going to follow. I want to start classes and a part time job in the spring when LO will be 9 months and want a realistic idea of how often she might be needing BM in addition to solids. All the medical sites I looked at say atleast 4-5 in 24 hours is normal but every baby is different!

My baby is 9 months old in 2 days, and I feed even more times than that in a day. Once upon waking, again soon after (these are the predictable feeds). After that, I nurse on demand, which may be maybe 4-7 more times during the day, and again before bed. I think sometimes my LO is a light snacker?! lol She also eats a container of baby food for lunch and dinner.

Oh, and should add, she almost always sleeps through the night....9-11 hours. Which is why I think she takes the two feeds right in the a row in the morning.

I'm pretty sure my 9.5 year old feeds about ten times a day...5-6 in the daytime and 3-4 times at night. She's also eating 2.5 meals a day...I want to cut out her night nursing when she's 12 months, but not wean fully until 2 years.

Depends really! She's happy drinking water out of a beaker and she's eating as much food as my 2 year old. She pulls at my top when she wants milk so some days I feed her only 3 times in the day and others she will feed 8 times! A feed is usually only 5 mins so its hard to keep track of exactly how many she has!

My LO barely nurses during the day, probably twice. She is way too distracted, too busy to slow down and nurse. So the only time I can get her too is before her naps. I offer it through out the day and she doesn't care.

If she's super crabby I'll pop into a quiet room and she might nurse.

However, she makes up for it at night. She's basically attached to me all night! I would say last night she was latched on more then not.

If we are at home, LO will feed a lot, on demand and he will usually come over for a quick cuddle and feed every now and then. If we are out or he is at nursery, he will have a feed at 7am, 9am, 1pm, 5pm and before bed, so around 4/5 feeds. But this depends on how busy/distracted he is x

I think at 9 months DD was having 4-5 feeds plus one at night... By 12 months she was having 2 feeds and mostly sttn.

looks like we're about average then.
don't see many comments about bf longer term, guess we're getting into the minority as time passes. People keep asking me when she's going to start on cow's milk and I just say i'm not sure, why should I give her anything but my milk, if she still wants it? I just don't understand why everyone rushes to stop bf..

DD is 15 months and would be happy to drop to one feed now if I didn't offer so I reckon she will be one feed by 18 months.

1. Waking
2. Post breakfast/pre nap
3. Quick pre lunch
4. Sometime post lunch
5. Pre afternoon nap
6. Late afternoon
7. Lots and lots before bed
8. Twice in the night (used to sleep through!)

So 8 feeds but these can be broken down into lots more mini feeds - like the bedtime feed could be 3 smaller feeds interspersed with getting DD1 ready for bed. Sometimes she misses a morning or afternoon feed if we're out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->