How many weeks for c section

Discussion in 'Caesarean Section' started by lilesMom, Apr 10, 2019.

1. lilesMom

lilesMom Well-Known Member

Hi guys
    My drs r differing
    Im def c section.
    One says 39 weeks +
    The other says sometime around 38 weeks to avoid me going into labour first.
    When r ur drs doing urs
    Thanks
    Id prefer sooner but only if safe obvs

2. flou

flou Well-Known Member

Im having mine in just under 3 weeks time when I'm 39 weeks. I had my DS at 41 weeks and that was also induced so should be able to last until 39 weeks.

3. OnErth&InHvn

OnErth&InHvn Waiting.

I had emergency sections at 36wks. I wish I could have went longer. Might have avoided a NICU stay

4. pandn

pandn Well-Known Member

I had c section with my first so was booked one at 39 weeks with my second. I went into labour at 38 weeks. Since I had never been in labour they thought I still had plenty of time. I was the next person in line for my c section. I had all the tubes put in and had only waited a couple hours. But baby had other plans and since he was head down I ended up having a drug free natural birth.

I was happy with what happened as this was my original birthing plan(hoping for a VBAC) but was told it was safer to go c section. And also the contractions didn’t feel bad until suddenly I had the urge to push and started screaming, that was when they checked and I was already 8cm and wheeled into labour and delivery. So I was never checked before hand to see how much I was already dilated.

Have you already been in labour with your other kids? Did you have c sections with your other 2?

I got to the hospital within 2 hours of my first contraction (1hr of being in denial, next hour having a shower,getting ready DS1, driving). I thought I had plenty of time as I read that labour especially at the beginning can last 12 hrs or more.
    So if they want 39 weeks and you do go into labour beforehand like mine did, call the hospital and come in pretty quickly. Especially if it’s necessary that you have a c section.

Sorry for the long paragraph and congrats!!

#4 pandn, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  5. jsquared

jsquared Well-Known Member

With my first, the c section wasn't scheduled until 39w6d!! I went into labor at 39w4d but was early enough the section still happened without complication. (My baby was 10+ lbs, which was the reason for the section.)

This time I'm scheduled for 39 weeks. I'm a little worried about going into labor but if I do, I'll just go in and see what happens. VBAC not out of the question but likely will just move up the section.

6. lilesMom

Thanks guys xx
    Everyone seems pretty late with the prebooked ones so.

My.first I had by induction because if cholesatasis.
    Got stuck but they failed to notice .
    Had shoulder dystocia, broken shoulder and a stroke and has life long problem s as a result
    Second booked section to avoid possible repeat at 39 and 2.
    So ive never actually.gone into labour myself so should be ok till 39 I supppose.
    Part of me would love to go into.labour and just hve her, like surprise mom , hee hee. ( so long as she was ok).
    But id be too scared something would happen her and id blame myself forever

Thanks guys.
    Ill see what they say to me on next visit.
    My consultant said around 38 weeks.
    Last visit that dr said 39 weeks plus.
    So could be different again if dif dr next time

7. lilesMom

Im a lot busier this time
    And hve to lift both my nearly 6 yr old ( cant walk) and 2 yr old
    So im wondering if this would make me go.into labour