How many?

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
How many nappy's? will i need as a minimum?

This nappy thing is so confusing.

Is there a thread somewhere with all the abreviations used with nappy's?

I believe the suggested is 15 hun to get you through for washing every couple of days etc but we have a few more than that so that our life doesn't revolve around washing and drying of nappies!

There is a sticky at the top that might help you? :hugs:

xxx

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/349905-cloth-nappy-diaper-guides-faqs.html for abbreviations :)

we have more than 15 but no doubt you will end up with more too once you get going and see all the kinds there are

youre better off just getting a couple for the beginning then seeing how you get on with those when your lo is here, save you ending up with a ton of nappies that dont work for your babys shape

x

^^^ I definitely second that. We had a lot of diapers at the beginning that didn't work for us because they were the wrong fit for Emma and it was really frustrating to be dealing with both nappy laundry and all the clothing laudry because of leaks- we probably went through more nappies than we would have if they had fit properly too. Once we figured out what worked for us, we built up to about 24 of our favourites.

^ Same, I made that mistake and am now selling off loads because they don't fit him well in order to replace with ones that do.

With an older baby I'd say I need around 18. I use about 6 per day, so 6 drying, 6 in the wash and 6 to use. I have to leave them to air dry as no tumbler so takes longer too xx

It kind of depends on how often you'd like to do a nappy wash?

If you want to do one every 3 days (at about 6 in 24hrs for full-time cloth inc night nappies) then as katy said...around 18. But do try out the popular ones like BG and itti's first as they tend to fit quite a few babies...

you may have to hunt down a few brands that work for your babys shape...but cloth nappies have brilliant re-sale value and you can buy pre-loved and also sell on ones that dont work so you will never be stuck with a nappy that doesnt suit you.

Iv tried alot of different brand and have narrowed down my stash to about 5 different brands and just get different prints in those 5 brands :thumbup:

Ummmm i guiess 20 is a good number for a stash... but you will fall in love with them and end up with loads!! I counted mine earlier and i have nearly 70!! But a lot of mine are what i would call basics (eg white nappies for under wraps)

I started off with 15 and started building up over the weeks :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->