how much control did you take?

Stacey_89

Team PINK
Reaction score
Hey everyone :)

Just wanted some other peoples opinions about TTC and what things you did.

I am coming upto cycle 5 but month 7th due to long cycles after MC.

Atm me and OH just take conception vitimans and bd every other night or sometimes every night.

How many of you concieved taking that kind approach? the easy way.

If i dnt catch this month im thinking of trying temping or OPK's but i dont wanna waste my time and money with them if its not going to make a difference

because the way i see it me and OH bd enough so im pretty sure we neva miss our window.

Anyone here find it easy then to concieve normaly, or take more control ?

We did same as you! Never temped as I did not want to get obsessed with ttc and we got caught very quickly! We also had a regular and active sex life so we obviously didn't miss out window. I got caught the first time I ovulated after coming off the pill! Good luck xxx

We started off bding a lot around when I thought I ovulated (and I always took prenatels and folic acid). After a couple of months I started using opks. But the month that we conceived I relaxed a lot more on things like drinking and such and didn't get positive opks around when I normally ovulate. I figured I just missed it and then when I didn't get AF and still got neg pee tests and blood tests I figured I didn't ovulate.

Well... it ends up I ovulated over two weeks late and managed to get pregnant even though we hardly had sex around that time. So it ends up the period we tried the least we got pregnant. (We were trying for 6 months after 11 years of BC including depo for 7).

Best of luck and I hope you get your BFP soon!

If you're bd'ing at least every other night then using opk's won't really make a difference as you're already having sex at the key times that way. I was temping but that was more for peace of mind than anything as it doesn't tell you in advance that you are going to ov, just once it's happened. My cycles were all over the place which is why I temped. Good luck hun.

Thanks everyone :)

Yeah i think i will stick at the more relaxed approach, it happend last time and only took us 4 months, so im sure it will happen again ! Just feels like its taking forever this time round lol

I was doing everything , Vitamins, Preseed, OPK's ect, this month stopped everything and I got my BFP :) Hope you get yours real soon :) lots of baby dust going your way :) x

Like Gina8177, it was the month we weren't "trying" and I was out having fun that it happened. Other months I would lie there with my legs elevated while my OH laughed at me.

Good luck to you!!

Thanks hun =]

so i guess the more relaxed approach is starting to show the best ! :)

I thought I was going to ovulate around day 11 ish but in fact I didnt ovulate until day 20 - I got a positive opk on day 19 - we had sex on about day 7 and 9, and then again on day 19.
So got pregnant on our 1st month of ttc and only had sex the day before ovulation really.

But with ds we had to have Chlomid, trigger shot and progesterone as I was just diagnosed with PCOS and wasnt having periods.

My oh had a sperm test and had a good sperm count so I wonder if that is why we managed to fall on both first proper cycles.

I did like using opk's for reassurance though as I had irregular cycles - good luck xx

My husband and I tried for a year and a half with no doc help. We saw someone in Sept 09. They said my hubby has sticky sperm that can't reach my egg. We did intrauterine insemination. It worked the second time in October 2009. I say take control if it's too stressful to keep trying naturally. Some people just can't do it without some help. =)

I dont see the point in doing temps etc because whats the first thing your going to do when you know your ovulating? have sex....so if your doing that regularly then thats all you can do! Sperm can live for days inside a women looking for the egg so as long as it you keep the swimmers topped up you just have to let nature do its thing in my opinion!
xx

We TTCd for a yeat before we fell PG
We charted, I was doing ovulations tests, we were BDing every other day (at least)

And one month we were just like you know what lets just not stress about it, we decorated our living room and we had sex once that month and thats when we got our BFP.

Just dont stress about it, I am convinced thats why it finally happened for us

I have tried to concieve 3 times, I have caught all 3 times!! 2 of those sadly ended in MC but this little one so far, fingers crossed, touch wood etc etc is a sticker.

So, I never temped, charted etc. I took pre natals AND 400mcg folic acid (800mcg total), I gave the OH 500mg vit C and 50 mg Zinc per day (he hated doing that)

I used a Clear blue fert monitor everytime to pinpoint when Ov was approaching. Basically after the MCs the cycles were really long, and you never know when you ov. You end up BD all the time and reducing spermies. Get some OPKs if you dont want to buy a CBFM (i adore mine), that way you will see the fade in as LH increases. We BD everyday from a faint line thru to 2 days after o.....it seemed to work! also, we didnt stress about it.

You know it can happen and thats the main thing....stressing will reduce yr chances, if yr tired yr tired dont force it!! sperms live a fair few days so you will still be in with a chance!!

Good luck xx

I agree with Beachlover, if you are not sure of your OH's swimmers, BD'ing TOO often can be harmful. If he has good swimmers, than nothing to worry about...BD away!! That is how I got pg this time. BD every day for a week around my O time and sure enough!! I was taking my prenatals, B6 and asprin (for a clotting disorder). Good luck!!

thanks everyone :)

feel loads better now.

bring on the 2010 bump !!!

i was similar to you, in that i had been trying 7 months, but it was my 4th cycle (my cycles were very irregular after coming off the pill). because i didn't know when i was going to ovulate, i charted for a few months. the month i conceived i didn't even think i'd ovulated because i'd not had proper temperature rise, & then stopped charting because we went on holiday, & we'd only bd'd 3 times, the last being 4 days before i did ovulate!
i was taking folic acid, agnus castus, multi vitamins & zinc, & my oh was taking multi vitamins & zinc, when he remembered in that cycle.
good luck :)
xx

We had been TTC since may and I was charting and checking cm. But not doing anything else, I got preggo in sept which ended in an early mc. I had one cycle after my mc and then after my first AF I used OPKs and I got pregnant right away and things are going much better!

Awh congrats :)
Its coming up to 7 months now for us so im rele hoping it wont be much longer.
i always thought that i wud be one of those lucky woman who get pregnant rele quick after a mc, but now its just puttin doubts into my head, like what if the miscarriage has wrecked my body..... But i only think that when im having bad days :) which aint alot, im relaxed alot more and just holding on to my dream

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->