How much cramping is normal?

messica

Reaction score
It's been 10 and 11 years respectively since I was last pregnant, and I've been pretty concerned with how crampy I am. Maybe not even crampy in the front so much as trying to cope with back pain?

Wondering how much cramping/back pain you were between 4 and 5 weeks?

Regular tylenol dose hardly touches it and the heating pad set low as I was directed to use it doesn't do much for me either.

I go back and forth from feeling really worried, to wondering if I'm just being super wimpy! :blush:

From wk4-6 i was taking paracetamol daily.

My cramps/aches/pains seem to much but i had early scan at wk7 showing everything was progressing nicely with a beating HB. congrats on bfp x

Thanks for your response!

My RE said scan at 7 weeks is typical for an IVF cycle but then I thought, what if something is wrong? Would it be wrong to bug him for one earlier to assure me I didn't have an ectopic going on or something?

I don't want to come off as overly dramatic, but it's such a relief to hear you also took daily meds for awhile :flower:

Thanks for your response!

My RE said scan at 7 weeks is typical for an IVF cycle but then I thought, what if something is wrong? Would it be wrong to bug him for one earlier to assure me I didn't have an ectopic going on or something?

I don't want to come off as overly dramatic, but it's such a relief to hear you also took daily meds for awhile :flower:

I personally think wk 7 is perfect timing, in those early weeks babies grow at different rates so dont be alarmed if you turn up and find your 5 days behind your edd.
Having a scan earlier could mean you end up seeing no fetal pole at all causing you more worry when lil bean could be perfectly fine.
At my early scan i measured 5 days behind my edd by lmp and 3 days behind my dates. Edd was 10th nov

I had my scan on friday and baby is all fine and measuring with edd of 6th nov all in all he/she caught up nicely.

With my previous pregnancy I had a lot of cramping with this one I've not had so much, I think it's different for everyone :flower:

I had awful cramps right at the beginning. They used to take my breath away and I couldn't move while they were there... Sort of came and went. I can't remember exactly when they started or finished, but I'm sure they only lasted a couple of weeks.

X

i have been having way more cramping with this one than with my son- started about a week and a half ago.. been pretty constant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->