How much did your 4 weeks old baby drink at each feed?

Shabutie

Mum to Amara & #2 on way
Reaction score
Hi all, my LO is 4 weeks today, and after reading a few things on here I was just wondering what amount your LO's were taking at each feed?

Atm she is on 5-6oz, does this seem like alot to you? I know all babies are different. I'm not too worried about it, more curious I guess.

We had to swap to the medium flow teats after 2-3 weeks as she was finding it to tiring to suck and stopped after 2oz. Dont know if this has a bearing on the amount she drinks, or if she is just a greedy guts. lol.

Thanks in advance.

xXx

Omar was drinking 2-3 oz per feed at this age but he was suffering from reflux & not so keen on milk. His max was 24 oz in 24 hrs at 4 months & only for few weesk, then he started to drop his milk intake again. If she's happy with what she's drinking, just give it to her hun xx

Thank you for replying :D

I'd say she takes about 32oz in 24hr period atm but is very content and chilled out. Maybe she will slow down. She will get weighed next tuesday so I can see what she has put on. She weighed 7lbs 11oz at birth and at 3weeks + 3days (Last weigh in) she weighed 8lbs 8oz, so she's not huge.

xXx

1-2oz! lol. He would rather of slept. He didnt spend more than 2mins awake until he was 2months old. Feeding was a NIGHTMARE! x

Ellie ate between 3-4 oz every 3-4 hours.. she did this till about 12 weeks when all of a sudden she couldn't get enough of it!! still is as greedy as anything!

I wouldn't really be too worried about how much they are drinking.. as long as their weight is right then don't worry!

My LO has been taking 3.5 oz since she was a week old and hasnt increased her intake yet. She drinks breast milk from a bottle...not sure if that makes a differance at all or not.

My daughter is taking 3.5 - 4 oz every three to four hours. Usually gets 7 bottles a day. She was 7 pounds 11 ounces when born and was up to 9 pounds when 3 weeks old.

2-3 oz usually unless she'd just slept 5-6 hours and then she'd take 4.

Arianna has been on 4oz from 4 weeks until recently now she takes about 5-6oz.

Iyla was taking about 3-4oz at 4 weeks and fed every 4 hours. She was 6lb 14oz at birth and at her 6 week check up last week she weighed 9lb 9oz. She now takes between 5 and 6oz, and her night time 3am feed she only takes about 2-3oz x

Imogen has 6oz every 4-5 hours but she only usually has 4 feeds a day coz she goes 10 hours at night - so 24ozs in 24 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->