how much did your LO weigh at 3 months?

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
had Ffion weighed today and shes fallen off the 25th percentile to the 9th.. HV was not impressed and wants us back next week for a check.

today she was 10lb 12oz
12/8 she was 9lb 15oz

bearing in mind shes being breastfed i thought that was an ok weight gain... obviously not :cry:

aww she is so little bless her!

My LO weighed 11lb 11 last week and was 7lb 2.5 born

xx

oh.. Ffion was 7lb 7oz born..

i just dont know what to do :cry:

That's a fine weight gain, don't let them undermine or scare you. Babies grow in spurts so sometimes they put on loads while other times they don't put on anything. Plus the scales are so sensitive the weight will depend on if the baby's hungry, just been fed, just had a pee etc. Kaya 'apparently' put on a whole pound in the space of two days, but what actually happened was that the first time she was due a feed and had just had a pee, while the second time she had just had a feed. Two weeks later it seemed that she'd lost weight, but before being weighed she'd had two massive pees and a poo and hadn't eaten recently. HV panicked and sent us to the doc who told us that if she seems happy and healthy and is growing then not to worry. HV seem to judge everything by the weight without looking at anything else.

Dont worry hun, babies all grow at different rates, as long as she is healthy and happy, I am sick of people commenting on Decs weight, on minute he is to heavy, which was the case when he was 3 months, at birth he was 7lbs 3ozs and at 3 months he was 13lbs 8ozs or there abouts, but now he is light, he is 10 months and 21lbs 7ozs which I think is great. I think the whole weight issue is a joke, okay if a baby is seriously under/over weight you need to do something, but to compare all kids with one chart "I DONT THINK SO". Just enjoy your baby girl and as long as mother and daughter are happy then nothing else matters. xx

had Ffion weighed today and shes fallen off the 25th percentile to the 9th.. HV was not impressed and wants us back next week for a check.

today she was 10lb 12oz
12/8 she was 9lb 15oz

bearing in mind shes being breastfed i thought that was an ok weight gain... obviously not :cry:

Everyone knows that breastfed babies dont weigh as much as bottle fed ones, which is what msot people base the weights on, sounds like a good weight to me, my baby was bottle fed (i made no milk :() and at 3 months she weighed about just over the red "normal" line, in the little red book. :)

I wouldn't worry, she will be lighter cause you breastfeed.

https://www.drjaygordon.com/development/bf/scales.asp

If you have been told that weight gain is not acceptable, look hard at this list of questions:

Is your baby eager to nurse?
Is your baby peeing and pooping well?
Is your baby's urine either clear or very pale yellow?
Are your baby's eyes bright and alert?
Is your baby's skin a healthy color and texture?
Is your baby moving its arms and legs vigorously?
Are baby's nails growing?
Is your baby meeting developmental milestones?
Is your baby's overall disposition happy and playful?
Yes, your baby sleeps a lot, but when your baby is awake does he have periods of being very alert?

I think Ffion might just be a small child. :)

Are you and hubby smaller in stature?

today she was 10lb 12oz
12/8 she was 9lb 15oz

Everyone knows that breastfed babies dont weigh as much as bottle fed ones, which is what msot people base the weights on, sounds like a good weight to me, my baby was bottle fed (i made no milk :() and at 3 months she weighed about just over the red "normal" line, in the little red book. :)

WHAT?

Tell that to Toria's 98th percentile baby... My 2nd 93rd percentile baby... et. al.

my husband is very skinny and so was i before i had kids! now im just fat lol.

Rhys weighed 11lb something at 3 months and he was 6lb 8oz born, he weighs around 22lb now and hes almost 2 years old.

they reckon between 5-8oz a week so that would be spot on? i dont get those stupid HV's
so long as she is gaining and happy :hugs:

Bella weighs 15 lbs. 3 oz. She's 3.5 months. I agree with Marge, bf babies don't necessarily weigh less, Bella is off the charts still!

it seems everybodys BF babys are off the chart except mine...

Hun, Kaya was born a big baby, but she puts on weight quite slowly. Try not to worry about the weight and look at Ffion's overall health

they reckon between 5-8oz a week so that would be spot on? i dont get those stupid HV's
so long as she is gaining and happy :hugs:

i completly agree with you Sonny :) I've never found my HV helpful.

I'm sure she's doing fine Tezzy like everyone said, every babies different, your doing a great job :hug:

today she was 10lb 12oz
12/8 she was 9lb 15oz

WHAT?

Tell that to Toria's 98th percentile baby... My 2nd 93rd percentile baby... et. al.
i agree my little man weighed 13lb yesterday x

every babby is different hunni as long as she is happy xx

Hey there, Skye was 10 pounds 5 when she was born, above the 98th centile, but now she is just below the 50th. Me and my HV(who is brilliant!) had a good chat, and I had a lactation consultant out to see if she was latching on fine. Skye is happy, doing all the nappies required, hitting milestones fine, and she is very long, she grew almost 2cm in one week a few weeks ago, and my milk supply is definetly fine. Last Wednesday she was 12 pounds 7, she is gaining only around 4oz a week, but they have said not to worry. Honestly, if she is alert, happy etc then I wouldnt worry, babies dont always go by charts!

I would not worry our son weighed 6lbs when he was born ..now hes about 13 and hes 3 months so some babies just put on wieght diffrent then others ..mine is BF, formula and baby purres too

Brayden is 11 lb 9 oz at 12 weeks (23rd percentile), he was born at 6 lb 6 oz.

The thing that we look for is staying on a percentile line.

We tend to not like it if they cross 2 lines, they can be 5th percentile, but they still have to grow on that 5% line, kwim?

Did they use the same scale both times? Was she weighed before or after feeding? Did she have clothes on last time and not this time?

All of those things can make a difference, it's why they want to recheck her weight.

If she is nursing well, peeing/pooping well and happy, dont stress over it right now. If she continues to not gain like she should, they will probably want to do more testing, but most of the time, the babies catch up just fine.

After all, they do go through "growth spurts" - so not much gain for a bit, then a lot in a little time, kwim?

*{*hugs*}*

Star

I have a fat baby lol. She was 13lb12, or something like that, at 11 weeks.. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->