how much do blinds/curtains cost?!

MummyMummy

Reaction score
ugh. an odd question i know!

this infamous house i keep going on about because rent been so much reduced apparently landlord can't afford blinds/curtains basically. so we'd have to do them ourselves. never had that before, always had them in, same withmr.man so *shrug*we're clueless.

anybody any idea how much we are looking at for curtains and blinds (notthem vertical ones or wood venetian ones, the fabric type ones you pull down yourself on each window pane... kwim? :\)for bay window, french doors, kitchen window, 3 bedrooms and downstairs toilet and upstairs bathroom? its a new build, so not huge as you can imagine

xXx

I got my house measured last week for curtains, Dining room, Nursery, Dans bedroom and my bedroom and the total was £1,350 !!!!! But we do have very large windows. Other than that I am clueless. xx

omg!

are you serious?!

wow! if ours cost us that it would take like a year for our rent to work out any cheaper than renting a house with them included for £500 a month :o

golly!
xXx

It really depends on if you want ready mades or custom mades, what sizes the windows are etc.

If you can get ready mades they can work out great prices, yet if you go somewhere that makes them up for you personally then the prices rocket normally.

Dunelm Mill, Argos etc do fairly large ranges of roller blinds and curtains at good prices. Good Luck!

It really depends on if you want ready mades or custom mades, what sizes the windows are etc.

If you can get ready mades they can work out great prices, yet if you go somewhere that makes them up for you personally then the prices rocket normally.

Dunelm Mill, Argos etc do fairly large ranges of roller blinds and curtains at good prices. Good Luck!
oooh thanks for the tip! never think of argos for things slike that!

xXx

Avoid Argos unless you want 2 odd size curtains - honeslty the quality is crap, I've given up on Argos these days.
Loads of shops sell curtains though.

re the blinds, make sure the cords are out of the reach of kids. i HATE blinds cos of how many kids die from them and my cat nearly hung himself on them.

Avoid Argos unless you want 2 odd size curtains - honeslty the quality is crap, I've given up on Argos these days.
Loads of shops sell curtains though.

Really? I bought our bedroom ones from there and the ones for the spare room and they're great quality, had them for a good couple of years they wash well and have never aged iykwim? Plus they was no sizing issues with mine. Perhaps you had a bad pair?

The cost of blinds mainly depends on the design you are going for and the dimensions of the designated windows. Last year, after searching the web for a couple of days, I found this store https://www.kaboodle.com/store/blindsuk.net and I got myself some great looking made to measure wood venetian blinds in white and the price was really convenient. Maybe you should check it out :)

A good pair of lined curtains will cost you about £50+
Blinds vary hugely but when we moved in our quote was also over £100 for 8 windows.

Are you near an IKEA? I love their fabrics and they do great value curtains and blinds, as do Wilko's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->