How much do u eat in a day!?!

embeth

Mum to 4 perfect children
Reaction score
I feel like such a pig at the moment!!!

I'm just hungry all the time and keep treating myself to far too much chocolate!!

Today I've had a crumpet when I first got up followed by 2 slices of toast after the school run, a nectarine mid morning and have just heated up some veg soup for myself.. It's 12.20pm here! I will prob have some more fruit this afternoon a good sized dinner this eve then some chocolate no doubt!! Is this too much you think!!? I'm nearly 22 weeks and have gained 10 pounds already! X

10 lbs really isn't bad all things considered!!!! And it sounds like you're eating sensibly, IMHO.

I tend to lose my appetite during pregnancy and have funky aversions to food. Usually I'll eat a small snack in the afternoon, eat dinner (most of it winds up being fed to DS), and find a small snack before bed. Not super healthy, but I drink an obscene amount of watered down gatorade all day as well and take my pre-natals.

if I'm LUCKY I'll actually eat a bowl of cereal or fry an egg or two for breakfast and pair the eggs with wheat toast. And if I'm REALLY feeling frisky, fruit or cottage cheese will come into play as a snack.

when my sickness left in the 2nd trimester I have pretty much pigged out constantly, I have big bowls of cereals, loads of things for my lunch, big dinners and then snack after dinner as well and it will be rare that it will be healthy, mostly chocolate, crisps and take aways.
I'm 35 weeks now and haven't weighed myself in a while but the last time I did get weighed about 5 weeks ago I put on around 12lbs but I know I put on more over the last few weeks.

I see it as longs your not going stupid crazy with over eating and gaining loads of a weight at a time you should just enjoy it :)

10 lbs really isn't bad all things considered!!!! And it sounds like you're eating sensibly, IMHO.

I tend to lose my appetite during pregnancy and have funky aversions to food. Usually I'll eat a small snack in the afternoon, eat dinner (most of it winds up being fed to DS), and find a small snack before bed. Not super healthy, but I drink an obscene amount of watered down gatorade all day as well and take my pre-natals.

if I'm LUCKY I'll actually eat a bowl of cereal or fry an egg or two for breakfast and pair the eggs with wheat toast. And if I'm REALLY feeling frisky, fruit or cottage cheese will come into play as a snack.

Wish I could get by on that little.. If I don't eat loads I feel like I'll pass out!!my body just seems to want food all the time!

when my sickness left in the 2nd trimester I have pretty much pigged out constantly, I have big bowls of cereals, loads of things for my lunch, big dinners and then snack after dinner as well and it will be rare that it will be healthy, mostly chocolate, crisps and take aways.
I'm 35 weeks now and haven't weighed myself in a while but the last time I did get weighed about 5 weeks ago I put on around 12lbs but I know I put on more over the last few weeks.

I see it as longs your not going stupid crazy with over eating and gaining loads of a weight at a time you should just enjoy it :)

That's a great gain for the stage you're at.. I'd be so pleased with that especially now you can eat what you want x

Wish I could get by on that little.. If I don't eat loads I feel like I'll pass out!!my body just seems to want food all the time!

I do get lightheaded and then I wind up finding a snack and laying down. I probably should add that if there's chocolate around; it's gone and hidden in my digestive tract before anyone else can have a chance at it. I WAS nice the other night and left a boston creme donut alone for hubby LOL

I couldn't eat until until about 3 weeks ago then bang all I can do is eat, I've piled on the weight. If I don't eat I throw up my mother who is visiting finds it hilarious but at least the doctor and nurse isn't worried anymore

I find I am eating quite a lot lately. In the first trimester I felt too nauseous to eat much. And in the third trimester last time food just sat in my stomach all day and I could barely eat, so I guess I make up for it in the second trimester!

I really don't eat that much but yet still have gained 12 lbs so far.. Sigh. Hopefully it's mostly water, boobs and baby lol

I lost a stone in First tri cuz I cudnt eat now I can't stop I think I've gained about 7lb back x

Hardly ate during first and second trimester. Making up for it in third :thumbup:

No idea about weight gain. I asked not to be told. I started off underweight with our first, only gained 12lbs and worried about it throughout my entire pregnancy.

I've stopped weighing myself as I don't think I can eat anymore of a balanced diet than I already am, so if I get huge that's just life.

Today I've had:

7am: 1 slice of wholegrain toast with a banana and a coffee

9am - Another coffee and 3 of those Go Ahead Crispy Slice biscuits

11am - Small punnet of strawberries

1pm - 2 wholegrain rolls with salad, cheese and low fat mayo + strawberry yogurt

3pm - a bowl of grapes

Will probably have a half a frozen pizza with salad for tea and then try do 30 mins brisk walk. I don't snack on an evening, apart from maybe have a chocolate nesquick milkshake (or 2...) with skimmed milk.

What more can i do :shrug:

Sadly they have me weigh myself and tell them every appointment what it is.. I wonder if I asked to quit if they'd let me. It isn't something I want to make a big deal about but I hate seeing it at every appointment since I feel like I'm doing as good as I can food and exercise wise. Still stresses me out.

How much do I eat? A lot! The past week I have been eating so much more than usual. I'm like a bottomless pit! I don't even want to know how much I've gained since my last appointment.

Thanks all, it's so hard when u feel hungry a lot. Everyone says eat what u want while u can, but I don't want to overeat and be left with a ton of excess weight once bub is here!! I plan on not using the scales anymore tho no point in depressing myself!! X

That's a great gain for the stage you're at.. I'd be so pleased with that especially now you can eat what you want x

Thank you, I'm surprised it's not more because I honestly eat non stop lol
10lb for you is not to bad either I have been told that the average weight to gain in pregnancy is 25lb-35lb if you had a reasonable bmi beforehand

You re body must need it! My bmi was 22 pre pregnancy so in the healthy range.. I just unfortunately become a bit of a pig when I'm pregnant and just can't exercise like I do when not! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->