How much do you carry? Why are baby bags such rubbish storage? I wish I was a Octopus

Woah Momma

Reaction score
:loopy:I went out for the first time 2day with little man. I hadn't been out in ages so I called up a mate and said do you wanna have launch? This was about 10am. We said we'd meet at 1pm when I was trying to leave the house at 12pm I realised how much my life has changed. I was washed already, little mans feed changed and is at this point sleeping. I think lets put some slap on and get dressed. At 11am I thought this is a good time to sort what I need to take with me, so I start going through the nursery to decide what I needed. Little man's wingin he wants a feed, Ive got plenty of time it's fine. So he's feed and changed I got weed on and have to get myself ready again :sad1: It's 12pm bags not packed and everytime I think it's ready I remember somthing else I need. I was gonna get the train but had to get a cab not to be late. Cabs here, dame I forgot the soother, one quick dash for it. Cabbies driving, I'm calling my mate at 12.50pm saying I'm gonna be a bit late. Cabbie helps me get the buggy out the boot, in goes baby on go the bags. I was out for 2.30hrs! The amount of things I had to carry not mention the junk in my hand bag and anytime I went to get anything out of the baby bag I felt like I was in my hand bag cause I was routing around for ages. I'm guessing no one else has this problem just me. I guess it's a learning curb. When daddy gets a day off we're getting a new baby bag. :loopy:

We have trouble fitting everything in the changing bag. It's harder now she's older too. SHe's 20 months and we take:

1 bottle for milk (she naps at 1pm and she has milk before sleeping)
1 bottle for water (for use throughout the day)
formula dispenser (one of those things that holds 3 measured amounts of powdered formula)
1 dummy
1 cuddly toy (for her nap)
spare outfit in case she pees through
1 pair of shoes (she doesn't wear them when she's in the buggy)
nappies
wipes
bib
snacks (usually a tupperware of cereal, like corn flakes)
Calpol
1 toy
Gloves
nappy rash cream
cream for her eczema

Then we have things that go in the understorage of the buggy, like her blanket, her jumper, her hat, her coat, the top cover for the footmuff (she sits on the bottom part, and we zip the top part over her when it's needed), the rain cover. It's insane the amount of things you need.

If I'm out over dinner, I'll make sure I take food for him and go and sit in the Morrison's cafe. I also take nappies, wipes, cream, change of clothes. A blanket to cover his legs to come home when it's this weather and he's already wearing his hat and gloves

it gets easier! all i need these days is a pack of wipes, sippy cup and a nappy!

my babies are 2 and 6 months and i literally take the basics, i figure if i desperately need something while out, i'll just buy it.

we take
3 nappies for each
pack of wipes
tub of cream
bottle/food for little man
couple of bibs/muslin
couple of rattles/teethers

and that's about it! Laila carries her juice and i've never needed a change of clothes for either while out! x

I used to love my change bag but over time it's just started annoying me more and more! A few months ago I bought a rucksack to use with the buggy so that if I went on the train and needed to collapse it I could just sling it on my back and not have to worry about it slipping off - it's absolutely bloody brilliant! It fits a million times more than my change bag can - even her lunch, a few toys, change of clothes and still have tons of room left! It's got 2 compartments so I use the front one for nappies and wipes and the back one for all the other bits. It's got 2 little side pockets I use for dummies and a small zip on the front where I put some tissues and other bits for storage. I paid £7.50 for it at bags etc and I would never spend a fortune on a proper change bag! The only problem is it doesn't go on the travel system because of the handle but that's not a huge deal because I tend to use the buggy when I'm on my own anyway.

When DD was born I bought a new changing bag as I needed something bigger due to having two children in nappies.

DD was breastfed so I never took bottles.

Changing bag pretty much is:
4 nappies
Wipes
Nappy bags
Dummies
Complete change of clothes
Bib

Plus my purse, keys etc.
When I had DS in nappies I also had his nappies and a complete change of clothes.

My OH is the one that struggles to get out of the house-I've never had a problem with it, I just got into the habit of packing the bag the night before. If OH is with is we never get out on time!

Now you have the bag packed it should be easier. I just leave mine packed and replace what I've used from it.

In mine there are nappies, wipes, sample pot of bum cream, nappy bags, hand wash gel and a vest & sleepsuit for Vin. Snacks and drinks for Harvey just get put in my handbag.

It's easy when they're older! Daisys nappy and wipes go in her littlelife bag that she wears and her cup fits in my bag easily. I don't take snacks or anything cos I just just go into a shop and get her a bag of grapes or whatever.
When she was little I had 2 powder dispensers so I always had enough formula for 24 hours, I refilled nappies and bibs in my bag every night when I got in, always kept dummies in my bag. You get SO used to it, it'll be second nature soon enough!

Oh god when DD was a baby baby it was a nightmare!! I always forgot something.. It's so much easier now.. All we take is

A juice cup
A bottle incase she wants milk
Nappies
Wipes
Nappy bags
A toy
A change of clothes.

Simples :D

Wow! Aiden is 16.5 months. I take, juice, snack, 2 nappies, wipes and a couple of small toys! All fits in his little backpack which goes on the handle of the buggy. I always keep the toys, wipes and nappies in there. I just grab a snack and cup on the way out the door lol.

Its easiest to just leave the bag packed. If you use something just replace it when you get home and its all ready for next time. I was using a proper change bag but it annoyed the hell out of me! Now I just use an old canvas over-the-shoulder handbag I've had for years. More comfortable to carry. I take wipes, nappy bags, 3/4 nappies, one of those little handwash bottles, a clean vest and babygrow and the fold up change mat. Plus any receipts, bags, crap etc that I pick up along the way lol oh and half my shopping!

For me when I know I'm going out tomorrow say I'd get the bag ready tonight and then just do his feeds in the morning. I get the clothes he's wearing in the morning ready too. I also get my clothes set out ready for the morning and I put them on last get Isaac ready in the pram etc then I rush to get me ready. No make-up or hair doing now-a-days! Haha.

The things in the changing bag are:

- 5-6 nappies
- packet of wipes
- nappy sacks
- changing mat and one of them mats from the hospital what you sit on in bed to collect the blood after the birth ;). (I took a few for me to sit on when i was out the bath on the bed to relax on ;)!)
- two sets of bodysuit and two sets of clothes
- socks, hat, mittens
- sash of gaviscon
- cardigan
- 2 sleepsuits
- sudocream

the things i put in in the morning of going out are:

- vitamins (what he was perscribed from the hospital)
- two bottles
- two feeds made
- milton steilising tablet
- dummy.

I always take to now becuase the last three times I've been out with him I've seen a friend of family and ended up going to their house so Isaac needs a feed and I've needed to buy the ready made milk before going becuase he's no feeds made for him.

I think that's all I take and I top up the things I've used after every trip out!

I also don't have my own bag anymore. I use to have a 'suitcase' as OH calls them of my beloved collection of Pauls Boutique bags. Which had my medication bag, purse, keys, headphones and mini stuff in.. now I just put the medication bag, purse and keys in Isaac's changing bag! :cry:! I honestly don't think I'll every be using an 'adults' bag again!

I remember when I first went out with Isaac and I thought I'd be out the house on time and everything could be done last minute. How wrong was I?! I was meant to be getting him registered at 1pm. His feed was at 11 and I left it late as posible so he wouldn't need feeding till at least 3/4pm plenty of time I thought hahahaha!!! Wrong. I had to phone the Reg office up saying I was running late. They understood! After I'd fed, changed and dressed him that was an hour of a job then I needed to get changed and fed then the task of packing his bag. I couldn't find anything at all!

But it does get eaiser when you know your LO's mini routine and feeding time etc you know when to get prepared :)

it gets easier! all i need these days is a pack of wipes, sippy cup and a nappy!

Ditto!

I found that once I knew what were necessities to take and you never needed to take out of the bag i.e. nappies, wipes, dummy etc... my bag would always be ready for the off other than bottles, snacks and bibs etc etc...

Once you get yourself into a routine its fine!

I only take out with us now for a shopping trip nappies and wipes for both! If its a whole day then obviously we'll take their cups with us too!

I was planning on duplicating sets of stuff I need into the changing bag and leaving it in there and just replacing it to minimize the amount of actually thinking required. Well, ok actually I was planning on nabbing another Bounty pack next time I'm in ante-natal since no one checks on you filling out the card properly and snaffling another dinky pot of Sudocreme for on-the-road changes. Since we've got no space to store the folded buggy the bag's likely to be hanging on the handles of it permanently anyway! Course this system will fall down when you factor in the man factor of "oh I used up the last nappy that was in there but I thought you'd check and replace it" - I know my husband TOO well.

Mind you - I generally have my own handbag packed enough to cover the end of the world anyway so the odds of this happening are slim to none.

I've never took anything more than a nappy nappy bag wipes milk or drink and done raisins and Thomas his train it all fits in my little designer bag. Ive never needed spare cLotges although my friend always did. Xl

Pre packed bag, Woah Momma I am nanna. Great idea, I'm so glad I joined this forum, everyone is so friendly and helpful.

I got a new baby bag, my lovely family gave me money to get myself a treat and I saw a gucci diaper bag in the sale. I must say it has a fantastic layout and room for storage, it has it's own changing mat. GUCCI! Who would have thought it.... This better last for the football team I plan on having lol.

Now I'm just waiting for my next disater

:shipw:

So my friend has killed my glee just slightly about my new Gucci Diaper bag. I was saying to her look at the storage its great I love it, it will hold everything, it connects to the buggy with ease, it's so good, I'm so excited. She then said how are you gonna fit a booster seat in that? I said a what? She then started to explain the function of a booster seat. I know it's early to think of getting one but I wanna make sure I'm getting the best one, unlike the baby bag issue. I went on the internet and I couldn't find any that looked small enough to fit into my diaper bag or any baby bag at that. Can anyone recommend anything?

:hissy:

So my friend has killed my glee just slightly about my new Gucci Diaper bag. I was saying to her look at the storage its great I love it, it will hold everything, it connects to the buggy with ease, it's so good, I'm so excited. She then said how are you gonna fit a booster seat in that? I said a what? She then started to explain the function of a booster seat. I know it's early to think of getting one but I wanna make sure I'm getting the best one, unlike the baby bag issue. I went on the internet and I couldn't find any that looked small enough to fit into my diaper bag or any baby bag at that. Can anyone recommend anything?

:hissy:

I use a mix of designer bags as I use my Handbag for Los things I take one of these out with us they work fab. I can fit that nappies straw or drink wipes and my purse perfume and make up with room my bag and it's small than tge changing bag

https://www.totseat.com/english/home/

We duplicated everything then kept one lot always in the bag, so we never had to worry about packing, just making sure she had fresh water

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->