Chloe is 6 months old tomorrow and is currently having the following:

7.30am - Bottle [7oz]
8.30am - Porridge [only 1 tablespoon and powder mixed with 3 spoons of formula]
11.30am - Bottle [7oz]
12.30pm - Savoury puree [about 10 - 15 small baby spoon amount]
4.00pm - Bottle [7oz]
5.00pm - Sweet puree [about 10 - 15 small baby spoon amount]
7.30 - Bottle [8oz]

I am thinking she should be eating more, she has never let me know when she is hungry, i.e. cried for food so I am constantly watching the clock, I don't know if I should maybe be giving her savoury and sweet at both meal times????

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey, sounds spot on to me!

This is Jacob's feeding pattern

6.30am - 8oz bottle
9.00am - 2 tablespoons porridge mixed with 2oz formula
10.30am- 8oz bottle
1.00pm - 1/2 jar of veg + 1/2 fruit pot
2.30pm - 8oz bottle
4.30pm - 1/2 jar savoury + 1/2 pudding
6.00pm - 8oz bottle

I see we are quite similar, i offer him food and hour before his bottle and you offer Chloe hers an hour after! Initially i found it quite difficult to fit all the food in and it seems like he is constantly eating! Jacob also doesnt cry for food so i am also doing things by the clock, wouldnt worry hon, as long as they are happy.

I do offer him half sweet and half savoury at every meal and then he has the same again the next day so as not to waste any. He doesnt always have 8oz at midday, depends on how hungry he is but its never less than 6.

I started weaning my LO a few weeks ago and am interested in seeing how much others of a similar age eat/drink, especially as I'm gradually making the transition from BF to formula and don't really have a clue as to how much formula he should be having.

6am BF
8am Breakfast - usually Weetabix, or toast and banana
11am BF (this will be a formula feed as of next week)
12am Lunch - examples include cheese sandwich, breadsticks, rice cakes, lumps of cheese, cucumber, followed by fruit or yoghurt
3.30pm Formula - offer 5 oz, but will usually only drink about 3 or 4
5.30pm Dinner - usually a spoon fed meal (lumpy not pureed) followed by fruit or jelly
7.30pm Formula - 8oz

I also offer water with his meals. Does the milk quantity seem enough?

I think babies still need minimum 20oz milk a day until a year old.....

Caine has BF all night and morning :rofl:
10am BF
12.30 porridge and 7oz
3pm - BF
6pm - veg or fruit, yoghurt or rusk something like that and 6 oz
8.30 - BF or bottle

And he has juice throughout the day

Hey, sounds spot on to me!

This is Jacob's feeding pattern

6.30am - 8oz bottle
9.00am - 2 tablespoons porridge mixed with 2oz formula
10.30am- 8oz bottle
1.00pm - 1/2 jar of veg + 1/2 fruit pot
2.30pm - 8oz bottle
4.30pm - 1/2 jar savoury + 1/2 pudding
6.00pm - 8oz bottle

I see we are quite similar, i offer him food and hour before his bottle and you offer Chloe hers an hour after! Initially i found it quite difficult to fit all the food in and it seems like he is constantly eating! Jacob also doesnt cry for food so i am also doing things by the clock, wouldnt worry hon, as long as they are happy.

I do offer him half sweet and half savoury at every meal and then he has the same again the next day so as not to waste any. He doesnt always have 8oz at midday, depends on how hungry he is but its never less than 6.

Hiya yes i'm the same feel like she is constantly feeding but it suits her, she was bringing up milk when I fed her too close together but now she seems to keep it down a little better. I think maybe I should do savoury and sweet at each meal time as well, am away this weekend so might start next week once were home, or is that just me being lazy???? :)

I want to start giving Chloe some finger foods but am so scared she will choke, will try her maybe next week aswell [can you tell i'm just putting this off :)]

I started weaning my LO a few weeks ago and am interested in seeing how much others of a similar age eat/drink, especially as I'm gradually making the transition from BF to formula and don't really have a clue as to how much formula he should be having.

6am BF
8am Breakfast - usually Weetabix, or toast and banana
11am BF (this will be a formula feed as of next week)
12am Lunch - examples include cheese sandwich, breadsticks, rice cakes, lumps of cheese, cucumber, followed by fruit or yoghurt
3.30pm Formula - offer 5 oz, but will usually only drink about 3 or 4
5.30pm Dinner - usually a spoon fed meal (lumpy not pureed) followed by fruit or jelly
7.30pm Formula - 8oz

I also offer water with his meals. Does the milk quantity seem enough?

Wow did your lo get on well with finger foods, I want to start introducing them to Chloe but am scared of choking, I know I just need to give it a go, what would you suggest is the best one to start with???

I think babies still need minimum 20oz milk a day until a year old.....

Caine has BF all night and morning :rofl:
10am BF
12.30 porridge and 7oz
3pm - BF
6pm - veg or fruit, yoghurt or rusk something like that and 6 oz
8.30 - BF or bottle

And he has juice throughout the day

Thanks, I think Chloe has between 25 and 30 oz a day, so hopefully thats still ok. She never ever tells me when shes hungry but believe me when shes tired EVERYONE in the street knows about it :)

[/QUOTE]

Wow did your lo get on well with finger foods, I want to start introducing them to Chloe but am scared of choking, I know I just need to give it a go, what would you suggest is the best one to start with???[/QUOTE]

I generally follow BLW for breakfast and lunch (bit harder with some of the foods he has for dinner so tend to spoon feed then) and LO has never had pureed food. The first ever food he had was toast and banana for breakfast. He loved the toast - kind of sucked on it till it went soggy and then swallowed bits, but he found the banana a bit slippy to hold!

The thing to remember is the difference between gagging and choking. My LO has never choked, but he will gag when he puts a bit too much in his mouth. It helps them learn about chewing and amounts to put in their mouth so I don't worry when he does it.

Breadsticks are a favourite of my LO so I'd recommend them as a starting point. Also rice cakes, strips of cheese and strips of cucumber.

Same here hun, tiredness is the worst cry for Caine!

Anywhere from 530am-7am depending on when she wakes - 4oz
9am - breakfast of yogurt and fruit
12 - lunch - cottage pie or a chicken dish. She eats the equivalent of a whole jar and then has half a jar of fruit puree.
1pm - 4oz bottle
4pm - tea. 4 cubes of veg and some potato with cheese.
630 - 5oz bottle
10pm - 50z bottle

Inbetween she will have a few snacks but tends to suck them rather than eat them.

She has never been a big milk drinker either, I tried cows milk on her cereal the other day and she refused it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->