how much do you spend on your los/family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a budget but I try to spend as little as possible :haha:. I have an infinate list of things I'd love to get for the LO's but I don't want to buy lots and have the gifts take over the rest of Christmas. In the past DS has got bored of opening presents and stopped half way through, fail! I'll probably spend less than £100 on each of the LO's. For DH it depends on what he wants but it'll probbaly be around £100 aswell. For our families I'll spend around £30 on my parents and brothers and DS's godmother, maybe £50 on my parents depending on what I find for them. We'll probably spend £40-£50 on MIL and BIL. Friends I'll spend about £15 (I only buy for 4 close friends) and then the odd box of chocolates for £5 for various people like nursery teacher.

I'm the same as Emy, I spend less on my son than I do my boyfriend. Our son will only be two and a bit at Christmas, and I don't want him to be overwhelmed, so his budget is around £100 including stocking. I'll spend £100-200 on my boyfriend, about £100 on my mum, £60 on my brother, £40 on brother's fiancée, £80 on my aunt and put £10 towards the joint gift to my granddad. My boyfriend and I buy separately for our respective sides of the family as my side want a lot more than his do! Then each gives a contribution to the other for the presents bought, which means I end up spending more but I'm happy with that as it's my choice to spoil the adults in my family (especially my mum).

DD1's budget is £150 plus the same for her birthday (19th December so very close to xmas) including stocking fillers.
DD2 i'll probably spend about £50 and put £50 in an account for her (she'll be 3 months old)
OH £50 and my parents and sister £30 each. OH buys for his family himself. I have some extended family I also buy for but just booze for the adults and smaller gifts for the kids (around the £5 mark)

Isabelle about £300 that's birthday and Christmas combined then I just split them

Mum and dad- £30 each

Sister- £20-£30

Other half- £100-£150

Nieces and nephew- £20 each x 3

Other family members £10-£15 each

Xx

DH and I spend around 1-200 on each other, each.

We don't really have a budget for the kids, but I'd guess we spend 200 each? No need to spend more as they get so spoiled by the rest of the family, in laws especially.

We spend $100 each on DH's family (his sister, mom, and dad)
His extended family Christmas party is a $20 gift from each adult, and then a child's gift. They do a gift game where all the gifts go in the middle and everyone chooses a random gift, and you can steal gifts from each other on your turn rather than from the pile. IT's fun.

My family, we usually spend $50 or so on my mom and stepdad as a combined gift. They never spend much on us, and rarely come to see us, so I just don't feel the need to spend more than that tbh. We also spend around $50 each for our nieces and nephews, and my brother and sister.

The boys - around £50 each

OH - £100 at least

Logan doesnt have electrical stuff yet, so its cheap. He also cant tell that OH gets more in value than he does, as it works out at less presents for OH due to the cost. OH never treats himself too, whereas I always buy little things for the boys through the year. I could spend more but dont see the point, I dont want Logan to grow up expecting the Earth each Xmas, in case one year we cant afford it :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"