how much do you spend? please reply if you can!

MummyMummy

Reaction score
we are looking at moving somewhere biggar, that somewhere biggar has come up after working out outgoings we are left with not alot... to say the least.

obv we haven't accounted for new baby items like nappies/wipes/clothes/formula (if bfing doesn't work out)/cream

can anybody tell me what they spend on a newborn baby per month?

thank you for any help!!

xXx

errm £20ish on nappies, £5 on wipes,you can get bum cream on prescript .... clothing id say a few bits n bobs from primark/tesco/asda etc £20 tops and £28 on milk, £1 on steri tabs... pound shop for toiletries...
sheesh i look like a cheapskate! lol

gosh that's way over our available money :o wow! that was for just the 1 baby right? :lol:

thank you for replying!

xXx

i spend about 16 every 2 weeks on nappies (boots always have the 2 packs for £16 and as archie is only in sz 2 they last well )i go through 1 pack of wipes(they sell huggies wipes in the pound shop) and i tend to use cloths anyway they just go in the washer and about 50 a month on clothes while hes growing so fast but hopefully this will slow down as he gets bigeer

umm we do our shopping monthly so it's a bit different but $35-40 for nappies (remember these are all Canadian prices), early on $150 for formula (but now we don't buy much formula but she gets tons of other foods so it's probably about the same), $9 for wipes, but we always bought the big boxes and early on the big box lasted 2 months now it's a box a month, and $50 on miscellaneous, toys, pacis, clothes etc.

I try to buy in bulk every few weeks but i'd say per month i spend

£45 a month on Milk
£15 - £20 on nappies
£5 - £10 on wipes/nappy sacks etc

And perhaps another £20 on random bits and bobs we need :)

hmmm, i'm not very good at keeping track - i too buy in bulk, around:

£32 a month for milk
£20 a month on food
£30 a month nappies/wipes/sacks

and then more on top for clothes toys etc x

we are looking at moving somewhere biggar, that somewhere biggar has come up after working out outgoings we are left with not alot... to say the least.

obv we haven't accounted for new baby items like nappies/wipes/clothes/formula (if bfing doesn't work out)/cream

can anybody tell me what they spend on a newborn baby per month?

thank you for any help!!

xXx

A newborn I would say £16 on nappies, £4.00 on wipes, £14.00 on formula, clothes I didnt spend anything on cos we were given that stuff. And I have had one pot of sudocrem from when she was born as she just doesnt get a sore bum, however if you baby does asda do there own for like a pound.

Dont forget they are not a newborn forever though as Kaysie got older nappies went down to £8.00 (£4.00 for a pack of Asda own brand nappies one every week, as a newborn it was one every week), £4 on wipes cos I will only have huggies wipes, and clothes you wont necessarily need to buy every month, cos as they get older the clothes last for 3 months age range according to the labels (I find longer than that say 4/5 months).

Kathryn is 7 months, I don't remember how much we were spending at the newborn stage, but now we spend:
(per month in US dollars)
$200 on formula
$30-40 on diapers (as the diapers get bigger they fit less in the box so you need to buy more but they are at the same price as the small ones)
$8 on wipes
at least $30 on clothes per month (like you didn't realize you'd need more pants or shirts, etc. or you didn't realize they'd be this big this early so you don't have a sweater and it's still chilly out, etc. plus if I see something really great that's on sale or something)
under $20 on solid food, since the jars are so cheap, it's the baby cereal and baby yogurt thats more
we usually get her a new toy every month or so (get bored of the old simple stuff, and needs toys that are good for what she's going now-sitting, trying to crawl), so that can range from $20-$40.

Also don't forget about all the stuff you need to get before baby is born:
crib (mine was $250, it converts to big bed though), crib mattress, sheets and blankets, changing table, dresser, clothes, towels, bathing supplies, car seat, stroller. And more that I'm forgetting.
and the things as they get older:
toys, entertainment center (jumperoo or excersauser, usually $80 +), high chair, playpen, etc.

of course you get some things as gifts (I got high chair, stroller, car seat and playpen as gifts (totaling $650) and some clothes, blankets etc.

Yup, babies are very expensive!

£32 on milk (if you're formula feeding)
£20 on nappies (if you choose to use disposable)
a couple of quid on cotton wool (we use cotton wool and water instead of wipes)
less than £1 for steralising fluid (we use a cold water steraliser and ASDA's own make fluid)
I've bought vests and sleepsuits from ASDA - about £6 for 3 plain sleepsuits and cheaper for vests... but they do grow out of stuff SO quickly so yeah, i'd account that in with your monthly outgoings too - about £15-£20 max - depends where you shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->