How much do you think you have spent....

L

lepaskilf

on cloth nappies???

I have just been looking through the nappy stash pics thread and was just wondering when, in your household, cloth nappying went from a money saving idea to a not so money saving addiction? And how much have you spent along the way?? (if i was doing a business degree, i'd so want this question to be my dissertation title lol!!!!)

I have really wanted to become addicted but not been able to afford it, so my way of overcoming this is to buy - sell - buy - sell, although this has now come to an end as i'm sticking with my itti sio's x

I don't want to add it up fully.....lol I'd be tempted to tell Mark who might drop dead.

But just an idea, I have 20 GMs which are at minimum $35 each, atleast half were bought above "market value" one at $60. Then 10 Mutts that were each $18-22. That's only 30 of my approx 70 diapers. I'd have to guess there was atleast $125 spent on the 5 overnights I have now. And then my pockets atleast another $300, then prefolds and other odds and ends

ahem.. i kept track of all nappies i got and in total i spend NZ$960,-

LOL

ps that excludes shipping too and wipes and extra bought inserts

At a rough guess, around £200. i spent £25 (halfed with my dad) on a 12 nappy setup from ebay, got to using them for 8 months then got bitten by the bug and went on a £150 spree lmao. Also considering the basics like my cheeky wipes, nappy bin etc

I would say I have a good thousand dollars wrapped up in diapers if not more. :blush: I have about 10 blueberries and 12 BG AIO's and 21 fuzzi bunz, flips, econobums, and the list goes on. So actually probably more than $1000 there. I have kept them all for the next baby as well so won't be getting any money back out of them anytime soon. :wacko: I won't be telling DH either.

I'm prob around the 250-300 mark... I would have been fine with the first set I bought for aabout 175 which would have lasted right through, but the. I fond CNT and weenotions!

OMG this could become a problem - I have persuaded everyone its to save money. If I get that addicted I am in big trouble :wacko:

i've spent about £400, but i sold to buy others.
i also earn nappies writing my articles, of i added up the real cost of my nappies it would be much greater.

Ok so i have just been through my paypal and in the last 7 weeks i have spent just short of £300 on nappies and material to make them :shhh: I wont be telling oh as i persuaded him by saying it would save money!

But i have sold a few ect that has paid for more. It became an addiction as soon as i put logan in them!! You cant beat a soft squishy bum! I may not get my moneys worth with this one but i will save some for the next one. And now im making them i will prob end up selling some at some point otherwise i dunno where i would stop!!

i darent look :blush: its probably several hundred. I started off well with some multipacks that came to about £200, but then I got addicted - thanks to this section!!!!!
I have sold a few but nowhere near making anything back really!
I keep telling myself I will sell more and I do need to really but I can't bear to get rid of some, I'm the same though with things like clothes, hence my house is absolutely stuffed full of stuff that doesnt get used really :blush:

I'm at around £150 at the moment, but will need to spend more. That includes everything though, including nappy bin, wet bag, and p&p fees. I've bought a few preloved to try out different styles (and because at first I needed to see them to understand the different types iykwim). I have some terry squares but they scare the hell out me I think I'll prefer fitteds!!

It's time for this baby to come out now!! (mini rant :D)

eugh I dont want to think about it but if I do I wince a litte bit. Have speant approx £250 just on ittis.... let alone everything else....

I keep a geeky spreadsheet. And have spent about £500.

Oh now I want to make a spreadsheet! Too much time on my hands at the moment lol

hmmm i'm not sure prob about £350 approx, though i;ve just splashed out some expensive nappies so that will bump it up to about £450 when they come

I keep a close track, and it's currently at £300 - which includes 53 nappies, 16 wraps, about 30 fleece liners, about 30 boosters (all in a mix of size 1, size 2 and one-size), fabric to make cloth wipes, nappy bucket and mesh inner, nippas, all p&p costs and PayPal fees.

Can't stop looking at the Ittis, though. Haven't got any, never tried them... must. stop. looking.

About £120 for the whole lot which includes pre-loved, (totsbots) factory seconds and e-bay cheepies but £50's worth was bought for us. We do have quite a few nappies so I would say the price really is not bad. Next week I an buying a sewing machine and material to start making them though. I am too cheap to buy new and expensive nappies and it can be hard to find super cute boys ones anyway so I am hoping that I will get the hang of making them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->