How much do your LO's sleep?

okciv

3girls, 1 lives in heaven
Reaction score
Eve is 8 & 1/2 months, 6 months corrected.
I think she sleeps alot, she has slept 11-12 hours a night since she was about 14 weeks (4 weeks c)
She is only awake a few hours at a time then sleeping again, I know she is just learing to crawl & I'm wondering if this is tiring her out or can she be anemic?
I've spoken to my HV who says wait a couple of week & see what she is like then but just wondered if any of you ladies had the same?

My twins are now 17 months, 13 moths corrected, and they too sleep a lot. They sleep 11 hours at night, and hour in the morning, and three hours in the afternoon. The longest they manage to stay awake is 3.5 hours at a time.

Niamh sleeps for 12/13 hours a night and for about 4 hours during the day which is normal. Babys are developing at a really fast pace and learning new things all the time and our bodys do that best when we are asleep. When were awake we burn energy on moving and thinking but when we asleep all we need to do is breath so out body can put effort into growing.

Jamie can be a terrible sleeper in the day but will do 12 hours at night. Usually he will have a 1 hour sleep in the morning and another hour in the afternoon but can have 3 x 20 mins also in a day or just as easily a 2 hour afternoon sleep! There is no rhyme or reason to this that I can work out, but I'm not too bothered as long as he sleeps well at night!

Abby always slept a lot. Right up until about 18 months she was taking 3 naps a day and 11 hours at night.

Even now at two she has two naps a day and 11 hours at night, If your LO is cranky and whi by there is no reason to deny sleep because some chart says it's too much. Sleep is good, enjoy the peace!

And unless your LO is showing other signs of anemia, just ignore the HV!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->