how much do your meals roughly cost?

catty

Reaction score
Just curious to see how much your evening meal roughly costs?

Tonight I had macaroni & cheese and chips.

Bag of chips was £1 used half so 50p
Flour probably pennies
Pint of milk maybe 50p
Macaroni 40p
Cheese £1.50
Butter - pennies again
So about £3 for a meal for 2 with leftovers

Some nights are really cheap and some are much dearer, curious to see what others spend

I have a slow cooker so i look for cheap recipes and make up 7 meals in freezer bags every Sunday. I don't think any of the meals I make are more than £1.50 and I get about 4 servings out of them.

Kyak can you post up the average weekly meals you have in your slow cooker? Im really interested in using mine more but I am rubbish at meal planning

I have quite a few recipes, what do you normally make? I'll find some that are different.

Spaghetti bolognese, pasta bake, stews/casseroles, curry, chilli con carnie.... those kind of things in the slow cooker.

Also stalking for your slow cooker recipes ;) I think if I make another casserole, OH will kill himself haha. X

I have a slow cooker so i look for cheap recipes and make up 7 meals in freezer bags every Sunday. I don't think any of the meals I make are more than £1.50 and I get about 4 servings out of them.

That sounds really good!! I have a slow cooker but have never used it how bad is that!!

about £1.50 for LO & i..
but i cook for two adults & then freeze the other half of hers for lunches or dinner if im in a rush.. xx

Depends really, meat prices vary so much (chicken expensive, pork cheap, beef unaffordable).
An example of a cheap meal would be pork stew:
Pork: just under 4 euros
Potatoes: maybe a euro or two
Flour: 20 cents or so
Splash of wine: 1 euro
This will last for at least two dinners for 3 of us and usually lunch for me and Maria. If I add in beans for another 2 euros it'll last a little longer

Depends on what we are having, for spag bol

Mince - £4
Passata - £1
Bit of tomato puree - few pence
Bit of garlic -few pence
sweetcorn - 60p
Red pepper - 80p
Carrots - £1
Onion - 80p
fresh pasta - £2
Some cheese - £1

So £11.20 plus the few extra pence making it £11.50 ish and that works out to be £2.30 a head (there are five of us). Don't think that is too bad. Chilli is about £1.70 a head though so it does depend.

tonight i did home made leek, pea & chicken pie (i used the mash as the topping instead of pastry) with carrots & runner beans.

potatos: free from the garden. prob would cost 60p for the amount i used.
leeks: free from my dads garden. prob would cost 50p for what i used.

Chicken 50p (i have the frozen breast fillets from Iceland at £1 for 4)
peas about 20p
runner beans 20p
carrots 15p

for the gravy in the pie:

1 stock cube.. pennies.
half pint milk 12p
grated cheese 50p
flour. pennies
butter. pennies

milk & butter for mash.. pennies.

there was enough pie for 4 adults..
xx

anywhere from £5 - £50 not including days we have wine but we budget so we plan around it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->