How much does/did your 8 week old sleep?

Mrs-C

Mummy to 1 DD & 2 dogs
Reaction score
My little girl still sleeps the majority of the 24 hours. She has periods of being awake, some days more than others but does spend so much time sleeping.

Is this normal? When she is awake she is a happy little thing (unless she's woken for a bottle that she wants NOW and not a minute sooner :nope:).

About 18-20 hours of sleep in 24?

Loads compared to my son that would only sleep 5 in 24!!

Whenever she is awake it's not more than 2 hours usually less than that.
But she's happy and very alert when she's awake and eats well so it's normal!

About 18-20 hours of sleep in 24?

Loads compared to my son that would only sleep 5 in 24!!

Yeah, I'd say about that. 5 in 24? That must have been tough!

Whenever she is awake it's not more than 2 hours usually less than that.
But she's happy and very alert when she's awake and eats well so it's normal!

Oh yeah, no worries with her feeding, she's become a hungry little thing!

Sounds just like my LO. Some days she's more awake than others. I'm sure it won't be long before they won't sleep so much, better make the most of it. :thumbup:

Anywhere between 10 and 15 hours - not a big sleeper here.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Joe slept about the same then as now - one long stretch (4-7 hours) til the early hours, feed, straight back to sleep for another 2-4 hours, then up hourly from about 5am til one of us gives in and gets up with him. Then maybe 4 or 5 hours worth of naps. He doesn't like to go more than about 2 hours awake in one go but might only sleep for half an hour before he's up again.

Hi Mrs-C! It's been a long time, we were part of the same thread back when we were getting ready to TTC and both got BFPs...anyways, in regards to your question--our LO has days where she will sleep about 15-17 hours...she pulls 9pm-10am most days, waking to feed of course but doesn't wake during those feed except to eat. Then after waking at 10, she sometimes is only up for hour and half between naps. Some naps are 30 min, some are 2 hours. Some days like today she slept 11p-10a, napped two 1 hour naps (not nearly enough!) so she only got in 13 hours, but usually it's a few hours more. I'd say sounds normal. :) Some babies like their sleep more than others. I wish Olivia liked her sleep a bit more :haha: although she does okay most days.

Hi Mrs-C! It's been a long time, we were part of the same thread back when we were getting ready to TTC and both got BFPs...anyways, in regards to your question--our LO has days where she will sleep about 15-17 hours...she pulls 9pm-10am most days, waking to feed of course but doesn't wake during those feed except to eat. Then after waking at 10, she sometimes is only up for hour and half between naps. Some naps are 30 min, some are 2 hours. Some days like today she slept 11p-10a, napped two 1 hour naps (not nearly enough!) so she only got in 13 hours, but usually it's a few hours more. I'd say sounds normal. :) Some babies like their sleep more than others. I wish Olivia liked her sleep a bit more :haha: although she does okay most days.

Hi! How are you? Your LO is gorgeous!

My LO's nearly four months and still sleeps a good 15-16 hours in a day. Any less and she becomes a nightmare to deal with.

Hi! How are you? Your LO is gorgeous!

we are good, trying to figure it all out ya know :thumbup: how are you doing?

Lucy (9weeks tomorrow) sleeps about 17hrs a day, but some of her 'awake' time includes night feeds where I wouldn't say she's truly fully awake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->