• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much does she weigh?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I sound a total pathetic loon here but trust me there's method in my obsession. How much does this bride look like she weighs?! She's 5'6.

https://onefabday.com/castlemartyr-wedding-sosac-photography/

The reason I'm asking is that the bride is the woman I bought my wedding dress from. When I got it I was 8.5 stone and the dress was a bit tight as you can see
223607_10152207874525541_1608981594_n.jpg
... but then me being the idiot that I am gained a load of weight and now I'm 9.5. What I want to know, basically, is how much to aim to lose so that it actually fits.

I can't tell cos I'm rubbish with weight in general, so guesses would be greatly appreciated!

People carry weight differently so what she weighs and fits into the dress will be totally different to what you need to weight to fit in the dress.

Completely agree with above poster about carrying weight differently but also to say the dress doesn't look at all tight in you in that photo so maybe just aim for 8.5 unless it was uncomfortable in which case maybe just a few pounds less. It's a beautiful dress.

I'd aim for what you were before :) if at that point it still feels tight, you can aim for a little more...so long as you are being healthy. X

People carry weight differently so what she weighs and fits into the dress will be totally different to what you need to weight to fit in the dress.

This 100% :thumbup:

Definitely as above! I actually weigh rather heavy and no one can believe me when. Tell them what I weigh because im slimmer than some friends who weigh less! I've got big hips, feet, hands etc!

Stunning dress btw!

I know it's so difficult to tell, but any rough estimates? I only want to know what sort of region I might be aiming for so I have something to go by per week and can set goals.

I would aim to be the weight you were in it in the photo, I don't think you'd want to be smaller than that.

If I were to look as slim as the bride in the photos I think I would have to weigh between 7.5 and 8 stone which is really small for me.
The bride looks quite boney.
I think you look amazing in that dress and fill it out better then the bride in the photo - imo you look better in it xx

I'd say given the height- 8 to 8 1/2 stone.
She looks much slimmer than me. I'm 5"4 and 8 1/2 stone.

How does the back do up? Could you get a lace up fitted to the back?
This is a common solution.
Or maybe a seamstress could alter it?
It's a beautiful dress by the way
Xx

Okay, thank you, 7.5 is higher than I was aiming so that's good! Thanks Geebug; I will see how I feel in it again when I'm back down to that weight, but I do think it was a little high; don't wanna spend the day feeling fat!

I'd say given the height- 8 to 8 1/2 stone.
She looks much slimmer than me. I'm 5"4 and 8 1/2 stone.

How does the back do up? Could you get a lace up fitted to the back?
This is a common solution.
Or maybe a seamstress could alter it?
It's a beautiful dress by the way
Xx

Back doesn't do up, it's a side zip. This is the back. Think lace up would ruin it. I don't want to have to alter it unless totally necessary, I'd forever hate myself for allowing myself to be a porky bride.

Attachments

• 644679_10152207874645541_1598829244_n.jpg
    644679_10152207874645541_1598829244_n.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 27
9.5 isn't porky!
Get some good control/body shape underwear too.
How long until the big day?
Xx

Any smaller than what you are in that picture would just look wrong.

Belle it's three months!

Ah relax, you've got ages!

Mines on two weeks and I daren't try my dress on! I totally know how your feeling. Mine is on the small side and I'm freaking out.

I'd just watch your diet, buy some good shape wear, and keep active such as walking/running.

You can lose 2lbs a week-don't try and do more as your body goes into starvation mode and it's harder to lose. So definitely have time on your side.

You can do it :)
Xx

Belle it's three months!

Mines on two weeks and I daren't try my dress on! I totally know how your feeling. Mine is on the small side and I'm freaking out.

I'd just watch your diet, buy some good shape wear, and keep active such as walking/running.

You can lose 2lbs a week-don't try and do more as your body goes into starvation mode and it's harder to lose. So definitely have time on your side.

Xx

At 2lbs a week I'll be 7.12 by the day, at 3lbs a week I'll be bang on 7 stone. So I'm gonna aim for somewhere in between, but it's hard!

Ooh exciting, hope your day is amazing! I'm sure you'll look stunning, I'd love to be your weight right now.

Belle it's three months!

Xx

At 2lbs a week I'll be 7.12 by the day, at 3lbs a week I'll be bang on 7 stone. So I'm gonna aim for somewhere in between, but it's hard!

Ooh exciting, hope your day is amazing! I'm sure you'll look stunning, I'd love to be your weight right now.

Thanks!

Who knew getting married was so stressful?! Ha! Can't wait until after the wedding to eat chocolates and cakes again!
Xx

Oh my gosh yes! I am planning the world's biggest binge the day after. Cannot wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->