How much does your 2.5 year old eat?

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
Curious really, as the last few days I cant seem to fill DD. She's been waking early and I'm wondering if she's hungry or having a bit of a growth spurt. Or just being a pickle toddler :haha:

It's tough to get my DD to eat most of the time. She won't sit still unless she's eating rice lol and I can't give her rice for every meal! I just try to offer her snacks throughout the day so I know she is getting something.

She eats quite a lot. It worries me a bit as she's such a big girl, been at the top of the charts for well over a year now (99th for height and weight). So I just try to keep it healthy

A normal day is like this -
Breakfast - porridge with cinnamon
Snack - toddler yoghurt
Lunch - wholewheat bread x 2 with caviar or cheese, beetroot slices, cucumber slices, a bit of fruit, sometimes a boiled egg
Snack - banana or crackers or small bowl of rice pudding without sugar
Dinner - fish with vegetables, potatoes
Two cups of milk and water throughout the day

Saturday is treat day and she'll have an ice cream or a chocolate (couple of choc coins or kinder egg).

At 2.5 Louis was a very fussy eater and would go for long periods barely eating. I wished he would eat like others his age seemed to. His eating has improved the last few months though.

Micah's a bit younger, he was 2 at the start of October, but that child would eat me out of house and home if I let him!

I limit his portions now, so typical day's food looks a bit like this:

B: 1 slice of toast with peanut butter/scrambled egg/beans OR toddler sized bowl of mini shredded wheats with fruit OR porridge with fruit
S: piece of fruit or a couple of oatcakes
L: homemade vegetable muffin and raw pepper/carrot/cucumber/cherry tomatoes OR 2 homemade mini cheese scones with hummus and vegetables OR 2 egg omelette with mushrooms and sweetcorn
S: raw carrot sticks/slice of homemade banana bread / piece of fruit
D: toddler plate of spaghetti bolognaise/small sweet potato with hummus and salad/2 fish fingers, homemade sweet potato wedges, broccoli and peas

If he had it his way breakfast would be 2 slices of toast AND cereal AND a banana..let alone the rest of the day!

Thomas ate and ate and ate at 2.5 years old. He's quite fit and muscular so I'm not bothered. He would easily have eaten 4 pieces of toast plus milk and fruit then been hungry again shortly after. He probably eats about 3/4 the size of an adult portion in a meal these days.

We go through phases. Last week I couldn't fill him at all, he'd eat a huge dinner at night + pudding and be up at 7am demanding breakfast and milk lol. However last night he refused anything and it's 8am and he's not fussed about breakfast :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->