How much does your car cost to run???

well will be £25 insurance a month once my renewal is due next month (£304 a year, third party, fire and theft)

£71 tax every 6 months

and approx £30 a week in petrol (which I do get paid 80% through expenses for work)

so

£156 a month (OMG!!!!!!) you never realise how much it is, till you add it up!! lol

but this month I got £189 in expenses for my travel, so not too bad when I think of it that way.

Its £560 for the big car and £460 for the smaller one. :shock:

Kinda wish I hadn't added it all up now. :haha:

Around £2000 fully comp insurance a year (would be more if I was on my own claim as I am young so share with my mum, could be up to £4000 a year!)

I pay between £10 and £20 on petrol a week

Maintenance has been quite high at the moment BUT today has finally been fixed!!!! I paid £210 for new brakes and brake pads fitted and £73 on a new battery today.

MOT this year cost me £55 but it failed so ended up costing me £250

Tax this year was £71.50 I think for 6 months!!!!!!

:(

OMG mine is SOOOOOO expensive compared to all yours :brat:

Umm £33 a month fully comp insurance
£30 a year tax
and I don't know £30 a month diesel
I seem to be sticking to the 30's :lol:
It's costing a lots atm as it's being fixed

i THINK insurance is 120 a month, petrol is 20 a week, tax is 120 every 6 months :/ eeek not mine tho its OH's i don't bother, i gave up LEARNING cos it was too expensive for us, i kinda thought if i can't afford to learn WHATS THE POINT, cos i certainly wont be able to run a car lmao x

Tax €330 for a year
Insurance €700ish this year as I've not got a full license yet.
Petrol €20-40 a week depending on what we do.
The only money I've spent on maintenance this past few months was €12 today to fix a puncture.

about £315 a year insurance
£30 a year in tax
roughly £10-20 a week on petrol (sometimes less but rarely more)

Insurance per month;

£73 for the big car
£53 for the little car

Tax every 6 months;

£135 for the big car
£102 [i think] for the little car

Petrol per month:

£40ish each so £80-100 for both

Hmmm were thinking of getting a car.

Dans 23 and has been driving for nearly 4 years . . . im thinking the insurence will be to much though :(

4 years no claims i have. me and OH are insured, £35 a month for third party fire and theft. (no point in being fully comp, it's a rubbish car!)

OH has been driving since he was 17 (he's 32 now) and i started 4 years ago (im 23).

we really rarely use the car unless we're going visiting as OH is within walking distance to work. so we probably put like £40 a month of fuel in it? tax is £60 for 6 months.

works out about £80ish a month. :)

lydia rose He doesn't have a car then ? .. so he would have no, no x amount of years no claims bonus ? ... then it might be yeah, my oh has 4 years no claims and is 25 in a few months, and we pay 120 in insurance :/

yeah if you don't have the insurance certificate to show your no claims it's a bugger.
it has to be in the last two years as well to be vaild.

Per month
Insurance : £60
Payment: £250
Fuel: £160 - £200

So roughly £500. and thats only for ESSENTIAL journeys.

Insurance - £49 a month
Tax - £80 every 6 months
Petrol - Around £15-£25 a month but varies quite abit
And the MOT once a year, and anything else that needs fixing throughout the year. Ive just had a new battery and ignition switch. It all adds up!

We've got 2 cars so the prices are for both

Insurance: £130 a month
Tax: £180 every 6 months
Petrol: £200 a month (essential journey's only)
MOT: Usually £80-£100 a year but this year mine cost nearly £600 to get it through the MOT and hubbys cost about £250 ... not to mention the extra £400 we've spent on them sorting other bits and bobs out :dohh: )

Very expensive things cars but I wouldn't be without mine (in fact I couldn't because Caitlin couldn't get to school :lol: ) xx

My insurnace is £260 a year fully comp and road tax is £30 a year. I put about £50 a month in petrol in and then have extra things like servicing to pay for and tyres etc.

Insurance = £450 per year (Fully comp for me & DH)
Tax = about £200 per year
Diesel = £20-30 a week
Maintenance = £160 per tyre...not sure about anything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back