How much does your child drink?

Cat

Reaction score
Well Noah has a cold at the mo which might be why he is taking on more fluids, but even so he is drinking about 6 large beakers or so a day. And he drinks more than a whole one at a time. Is this normal?

I have had to move him up to Maxi Plus nappies, cause the Maxi ones stopped lasting all night.

Ella only started taking water and juice about 2 months ago, before that she wasnt interested, she usually has between 1 and 2 small beakers a day. Im not sure if its normal or not hun ? Im sur eit wont do him any harm, maybe check with your HV

Seren hardly has any, she takes a slurp of water occasionally but she is breastfed still so gets a lot of water through that.

DD drimks lots but ds hardly drinks anything, I think it varies from child to child

Jack doesn't drink a lot either really a beaker a day on top of 2 milk drinks

but when he was poorly he drank loads more, it varies what is normal child to child but taking a lot when poorly can only be a good thing i think

hope little man feels better soon xxxx

beanie said:
Seren hardly has any, she takes a slurp of water occasionally but she is breastfed still so gets a lot of water through that.

Ditto for Ella but she's bottlefed now. She has around 20-30oz of milk a day (3-4 feeds) and will slurp some water or well diluted juice at meal times and occasionally through the day but she's not that bothered.

lily drinks loads,i have to force milk down her in the morning and thats a large neaker full,she has to have a cup constantly filled(think its a comfort thing,id say easily 5-7 cups in the day,then night time shes a bugger as she wont settle without a drink and if shes in a bugger mood can be an hour or 2 before shes properly settled and she will be nagging for drink then and will drink sometimes a litre of water or weak juice before bed depening on her mood,hence why potty training is doing my head in,shes late as it is but going to put my foot down after christmas

Charlie drinks hardly anything either. I give her about 4oz of flavored water in her beaker through out the day, but on average id say she only really drinks about 2 oz. I just leave her beaker on the side and she will often help herself.

Reece drinks a lot of fluids at the mo. Especially if its juice he'll drink a beaker full in a few minutes. if its just plain water he 's a little bit slower. Since I cut out his daytime milk he has about 4 200mls of water/juice a day

Rebecca drinks more now than she has ever done, but HV told me off, saying I shouldn't be giving her 4-5 bottles a day. :oops:

Oh well :cry:

Well I think Ihave discovered why. Ihad been giving him sugar free ribeina weakly, and today I have moved him on to just plain water and he is not wanting much now at all, he just has the odd sluep, then looks at me in a very unimpressed way, so Iguess he was just really loving ribiena before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->