How much does your husband do?

I realize I'm the minority here, and I'm pretty lucky. We split housework probably 60/40 (me/him) and childcare is probably 50\50. Our kids are good sleepers so usually there isn't a lot of getting up in the middle of the night, but when it does happen, it's usually OH that gets them. I'm bf-ing my 7 month old still, but OH always gets her and brings her to me. OH is also the one who works full time, but he really likes to be involved heavily in his kids lives. That said, I do almost 100% of the diaper changes, baths, clothes changing, Dr appointments, etc. OH just doesn't think to do that most of the time.

My husband does most of the housework right now and does most of the work with my older son who is 2.5. I primarily take care of baby (1 month old BF so hubs can't do night feeds or anything) and make supper. And then he helps me after the older one is in bed (fussy time so we pass baby back and forth).

My DH will do the night time bath, stories, bed routine with my DS1 while I do DS2 routine. I do all the shopping, laundry, cooking as I'm not working, but DH will clean up after dinner. We have a cleaner that comes to do the floors, dusting, bathrooms etc.
DH is very actively involved with DS1- takes him to soccer, out for brekkie, plays lots with him while I look after DS2, who is BF and very clingy to me atm.

My husband travels from Monday to Thursday every week for work. Even if he wanted to he can't do much for us because he isn't hear. However, we hired a nanny/ housekeeper that works 6 days a week and helps with cleaning, cooking and entertaining my other 2 girls while I tend to baby etc. It's been an absolute lifesaver because with 3 kids and no husband around to help it would have been next to impossible for me with pick ups drop off and school. When DH is home he doesn't do much for baby but deals with my other 2 so it works out well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->