How much does your littl?e one nap during the day

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
How many hours approximately would you say your baby naps during the day? The reason I ask is that Tristan hardly seems to nap at all - only about 2 - 2 1/2 hours a day (usually in half an hour slots). I read somewhere that they advise about 5 1/2 hours for his age group!

He sleeps from about 8/9 at night to about 6/7 in the morning.

Is there anything I can do to help him to sleep more during the day?

xxx

Chloe never slept at that age, then she started needing more sleep amd now as her own nap routine- which is not even close to the recomendations!!

She's just not a textbook baby

Max sleeps about 3-3.5 hours during the day, but he is a sleepy baby. I'd love him to be more awake during the day! If Tristan isn't grumpy/over tired then I wouldnt worry.

Hannah went through a period of hardly any sleep and than changed to where she slept more often, and we're back to hardly any naps. She has always been a short napper though, only sleeps for 30-40 minutes at any given time during the day

Sometimes Jasmine sleeps good in the day... Lately she has not and ends up totally grouchy lol! Ive tried everything to get her to nap, but its so hard...

On the up side she goes to bed by 9 and sleeps until 7 or 8, only waking once to feed at about 4am.

Maya sleeps anywhere between 2.5 and 4.5 hours per day. She normally has about four naps and they can all range from 30mins to 2.5 hours. I think the recommendation is that she has 14/15 hours sleep in 24 hours, so I guess as she sleeps between 10-12 hours at night, that's why there may be such a variation in the day.

Maya is an extremely active baby though, always kicking and moving non-stop, she never just lays still to look at anything, so I think that's why she gets tired out and needs more frequent naps instead of just the usual 2!

She sleeps quite alot during the day. Im not sure how many hours, but it's often. x

he gets up at 6am goes back bed at 7.30 sleeps up till 8.30 - 10.00 then has another nap at 2/3 for a hour or so then goes bed at 7

Two long naps, one for an hour, one for 2 hours. She also catnaps sometimes too x

Ally naps 2 times a day for 30 mins at a time. Ocassionally he'll have a third nap...but it's more often just the 2 naps. He sleeps from 6/6.30 til 8 though. I know that personally, I'd rather my baby slept less in the day and more at night when I'm tired! Alasdair has never really slept in the day very much, even at Tristan's age and like him has always slept for half an hr at a time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->