How much does your LO get hiccups and how long do they last??

Christinee

Reaction score
I love when my baby gets hiccups... I'd say most days she gets them about twice a day and they last anywhere from 3-5 minutes. I have heard of other moms saying their baby hiccups much more and for much longer... Or some who say not at all... How about yours?

At least once a day 10 minutes. It's adorable. Definitely let's me know she's there when she does it.

our baby girl gets them about 2-3 times a day which includes from me waking up all the way to me going to bed and sometimes waking up in the middle of the night to them. they last around 10 minutes every time!

Mine gets them maybe once a week... Maybe lol.

Mine seems to get them when I eat and they vary in length (or I get good at ignoring them).

Mine seems to be constantly hi cupping. I can feel them over prominently! They wake me up when I'm trying to sleep.

My daughter used to get them probably ten times a day (when I was awake) so maybe even more, they would last so long 10-20 minutes. When she was born she had them constantly too x

This baby has them about 2-3 times a day, for maybe about 5 minutes? DS1 hardly ever had them, DS2 had them probably about once a day for roughly 10 minutes.

I haven't felt them at all this time but DS was very hiccuppy. He also got them a lot as a baby and if he laughs a lot now he gets them.

Mine gets them like clockwork every time I lie down for more than 5 minutes. They last between 10-20 minute.

Mine got them once about 6 weeks ago for about 2 minutes, that's it.

I don't think mine has ever had them? But I wouldn't really know what it would feel like. The majority of movements are kicks and just wiggling around that sends my stomach in a tailspin and makes me feel like I'm going to vomit. :)

I don't think mine has ever had them? But I wouldn't really know what it would feel like. The majority of movements are kicks and just wiggling around that sends my stomach in a tailspin and makes me feel like I'm going to vomit. :)

You will know it if you feel it it is very rhythmic and also if the head is engaged you will feel it in your pelvis x

wow its good to hear about all the hiccups :) My DS1 and DS2 got them like once a week. And this one gets them at least once a day! I was worried that something might be wrong! I even asked about it at my last Dr. apt and she was like "meh, different people are different, but its fine." lol

I get mixed emotions about them really. On one hand its nice to feel just like any other movement. Maybe even nicer because I know what is going on in there. On the other hand sometimes he gets them for like 15-20 min and I know that if I hiccup for even 10 min it starts to hurt :( I don't like to think that he might be in pain....

I think my baby got them for the 1st time today... It lasted about 3mins and it was rhythmic pattern and it was down in my pelvic area which also means baby is head down. The OB mentioned in the last apt a few weeks ago that he thought baby was head down and now I guess it confirms it ;)

My first born got them all the time before and after she was born. She still seems to get them alot at 2. The weirdest thing was that when I was in labor I had hiccups almost the whole time. It was pretty funny.

I think my baby got them for the 1st time today... It lasted about 3mins and it was rhythmic pattern and it was down in my pelvic area which also means baby is head down. The OB mentioned in the last apt a few weeks ago that he thought baby was head down and now I guess it confirms it ;)

Mine also got them first time yesterday, not long after replying on this thread. They were right by my left hip which explains why it's been so painful yesterday, little madam's been head butting it!

I only started noticing them recently but they don't happen too often and I don't notice them too much.

Riley used to get them a few times a day for 10-15 minutes a time! I loved it!

This one got them for the first time two days ago for a minute and not since. :( x

My daughter used to get them probably ten times a day (when I was awake) so maybe even more, they would last so long 10-20 minutes. When she was born she had them constantly too x

My first baby had them a lot, and when she was a newborn, she had them a lot too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->