How much EBM at daycare for 11 month old?

Faith1025

Reaction score
Kylie had been taking around 10-12 ounces of breast milk during a 8:30-6:30 separation from me at daycare. Within the last month she has dropped to only 3-6 ounces. On a good day, she will take maybe 8 ounces max. They have tried feeding her in a dark room, offering it cold, warmed up, in a nursing position, sitting up. She just point blank refuses to take more. She only has solids twice a day and i even cut that back for a day or so to encourage more milk. We bed share and she nurses a few times at night, along with an average of 3-4 short evening nursing sessions. How much is your LO taking? I've been sending 3 four ounce sippy cups, but I'm considering just sending 2 four ounce sippy cups and a cup of water, too. I'm tired of pouring so much down the drain. :-/

Mine has about 10 oz in 7-8 hours, but he's always liked his milk.

I wouldn't worry as long as she is having enough wet diapers. She knows how to take it if she wants it, and she is eating solids too. 3-4 sessions in the evening plus more through the night is already a lot for this age and should be more than enough for her to make up what she needs. :flower:

Could she be teething? That can cause different food/bottle/nursing behavior sometimes.

Oh, and can you have DCP use frozen milk for the third cup, if necessary? So you could send 8 fresh and ask them to defrost the last 4 only if she finishes all of the fresh. That might cut down on the dumping.

I don't think they will store frozen milk, but will ask - that's a good idea. She might be teething again, but she's never dipped down this low with her intake during the day before and she has 7 teeth. How many wet diapers should she be having each 24 hours at this age? She has around 4-5 on average now. Her skin recoils quickly when I pinch up the back of her hand and her fontanel isn't sunken in, but as a FTM I still worry she's not getting enough. I probably just need to chill, lol.

My LO only has one 5 oz bottle while at daycare...she's 11 1/2 months

Thank you for sharing! Do they take any other fluids while there? Kylie won't drink water. How long is your LO separated from you?

Sophie doesn't go to daycare, but I've had to leave her for a day a few times to go to hospital. She'll take much more EBM than I imagined she would as she's a reluctant nurser. At least 15oz in a day.

My son went through a spurt of refusing bottles at that age. he really prefered to nurse an extra time instead overnight. So, for us we only sent one 4-5 oz bottle for the whole day and I was lucky if he drank it all. I hated seeing so much poured down the drain.

You can offer water and other dairy too. Try yogurt and cheese.

Sophie doesn't go to daycare, but I've had to leave her for a day a few times to go to hospital. She'll take much more EBM than I imagined she would as she's a reluctant nurser. At least 15oz in a day.

She is a hungry girl, isn't she? She is adorable, btw!

Does she drink water throughout the day? Kylie refuses water except a few sips from a regular cup, which I'm afraid they won't have the patience to deal with at daycare. I might see if they will try it, though.

My son went through a spurt of refusing bottles at that age. he really prefered to nurse an extra time instead overnight. So, for us we only sent one 4-5 oz bottle for the whole day and I was lucky if he drank it all. I hated seeing so much poured down the drain.

You can offer water and other dairy too. Try yogurt and cheese.

She's not really keen on water, but I'm still offering it some days. She just grew out of her CMPA at 9 months and I've finally gotten all dairy in my diet, so when she gets over the case of tonsillitis she has now, I am going to try some with her. I will probably start with yogurt.

I know, it's horrible tossing something you worked so hard for! I was pumping 12-16 ounces a day and wasting most of it. Now, if I get my usually 8 ounces at my lunch time session, that's all I pump that day and I will nurse her as soon as I get to her and she will take both sides (she's been a one boob nurser since birth). I'm hoping this will keep my supply decent.

ETA: the ped said maybe her sore throat is why she is refusing her sippy cups. They've tried offering them cold so I would have thought that'd help her throat. And if that was the reason, would she still nurse so much when I'm with her?

Kylie had been taking around 10-12 ounces of breast milk during a 8:30-6:30 separation from me at daycare. Within the last month she has dropped to only 3-6 ounces. On a good day, she will take maybe 8 ounces max. They have tried feeding her in a dark room, offering it cold, warmed up, in a nursing position, sitting up. She just point blank refuses to take more. She only has solids twice a day and i even cut that back for a day or so to encourage more milk. We bed share and she nurses a few times at night, along with an average of 3-4 short evening nursing sessions. How much is your LO taking? I've been sending 3 four ounce sippy cups, but I'm considering just sending 2 four ounce sippy cups and a cup of water, too. I'm tired of pouring so much down the drain. :-/

Sounds like Violet except she hasn't taken 10 to 12 ounces while I'm away in quite some time. These days I try to pump 8 ounces at work and she's generally taking 3-6 while I'm away. My husband said she took 7 ounces the other day though. If she starts doing 7 or more on a regular basis, I'll pump more. If I were you, I'd send 8 ounces and just let her make up for it in the evening.

Sounds like Violet except she hasn't taken 10 to 12 ounces while I'm away in quite some time. These days I try to pump 8 ounces at work and she's generally taking 3-6 while I'm away. My husband said she took 7 ounces the other day though. If she starts doing 7 or more on a regular basis, I'll pump more. If I were you, I'd send 8 ounces and just let her make up for it in the evening.

I believe I'll do the same. Glad she's not the only one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->