How much exercise is safe when TTC?

wannabe mam

Reaction score
I am just looking for general opinions on exercising when TTC. I have read that to exercise as normal is fine as long as you were fir before TTC. They say to live your life as normal when TTC but I worry about everything I do. When I miscarried I has been to the gym that week also so I am paranoid that it dosnt help.
What have you been advised or what do you do?

I was working out with a Personal Trainer who was really pushing me with running and weights. I've stopped doing it, as I thought it was too excessive.

I would have though the gym was ok, but I suppose it depends how much you push yourself

x

Hi Wannabe Mam,
I don't know the answer to this but my Midwife had said that you can carry on with whatever physical activity is "normal" for you; so not to increase it or do any extra. I do excersise videos at home and do them about 3 times a week, 30-40 minutes each time. They aren't the easy type and if I eventually get preg again I may cut down or get a pregnancy video to do instead. Like you, just want to be cautious.....

Hi, my doc and midwife said you can carry on doing what your body is used to. They just said when you are pregnant you shouldn't suddenly take up something that will cause stress to your body that you are not used to....:flower:

If your worried maybe just do your normal excerise during your cycle while waiting for ovulation and during the ttw swimming, walking, gentle excerise etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->