How much expressed milk should LO take?

purplepower

1st time Mummy
Reaction score
We are trying LO with the occasional bottle of EBM.

Last Monday we gave him about 1.5 oz which he took well. Today he guzzled 5oz in about 15 mins and then BF not long after, tonight he had another 2.5oz in about 8mins and went straight on the breast.

I am hoping eventually to have OH give him 1 bottle of EBM each evening but not sure I will be able to express the amount he needs and it seems pointless if he is going to go straight on the breast afterwards.

We are using the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottles with slow flow teat.

Remember that drinking from a bottle is easier so they sometimes take more!

There is no fixed amount! Milk can be watery or creamy, lo might just be a bit thirsty, it may vary from time of day etc.

Also remember they tend to feed more in the evening!

Maybe stock up on a few days worth of ebm, then see how much lo takes when you have plenty around. Once you get a better idea you can start to work around expressing enough.

Hope that helps! X

Maybe stock up on a few days worth of ebm, then see how much lo takes when you have plenty around.

it did thanks.

I just have visions of him guzzling all that I give him, he BFs frequently and lengthily too. :haha:

Maybe stock up on a few days worth of ebm, then see how much lo takes when you have plenty around.

it did thanks.

I just have visions of him guzzling all that I give him, he BFs frequently and lengthily too. :haha:

Yep, you spend hours expressing as ,much as possible and it takes them 30 seconds to drink it before demanding more!

OH joy! He is currently trying to get milk from Daddies Moobs!

Lol,my lo does that too! Silly babies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->