How much formaul at 6 weeks? And help with teats please!

chickchock

Reaction score
My DD is 6 and a half weeks and she's still only taking between 2.5 and 4 ounces per feed, and once has taken 4.5 ounces. How much is OK? She has about 7 or 8 feeds a day, I want her to have more at each feed and feed less often, but not sure how to go about this?

Also, we use avent bottles. She finds size 1 teats too slow, but size 2 are waaay too fast for her (even though they say from 1 month). Do any other teats fit avent and are their size 1's faster or size 2's slower?

And one last thing, this last week her poss have been explosive! Her nappy leaks and her clothes get covered, her skin gets stained etc. Its only been happening this last week (have experimented with different nappies, next size up etc and no help). Should I change formula? She's currently on cow and gate.

Thanks!

sorry for spelling mistake in title!

Your baby might not be ready to start taking more but feedig less often. At 6 weeks my baby was still on 8 bottles a day.

This website may be useful. It gives an approximation of how much formula over 24 hours your baby should be taking based on her weight.

https://www.justmommies.com/articles/formula-feeding-calculator.php

xx

My daughter is 7 weeks old and only eats a maximum of 4 oz at each feed and she eats about every 3 4 hours. She's growing perfectly!!! :p

mine was taking 3oz every 2 hours but after growth spurt went onto 4-6 oz every 4 hours x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->