How much formaul at 6 weeks? And help with teats please!

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by chickchock, Nov 17, 2011.

1. chickchock

chickchock Well-Known Member

My DD is 6 and a half weeks and she's still only taking between 2.5 and 4 ounces per feed, and once has taken 4.5 ounces. How much is OK? She has about 7 or 8 feeds a day, I want her to have more at each feed and feed less often, but not sure how to go about this?

Also, we use avent bottles. She finds size 1 teats too slow, but size 2 are waaay too fast for her (even though they say from 1 month). Do any other teats fit avent and are their size 1's faster or size 2's slower?

And one last thing, this last week her poss have been explosive! Her nappy leaks and her clothes get covered, her skin gets stained etc. Its only been happening this last week (have experimented with different nappies, next size up etc and no help). Should I change formula? She's currently on cow and gate.

Thanks!

sorry for spelling mistake in title!

2. skunkpixie

skunkpixie Well-Known Member

3. Chelsea.ann1

Chelsea.ann1 Guest

My daughter is 7 weeks old and only eats a maximum of 4 oz at each feed and she eats about every 3 4 hours. She's growing perfectly!!! :p

4. chickchock

chickchock Well-Known Member

Thanks for your replies x

5. chezziepie

chezziepie Mum to one :)

mine was taking 3oz every 2 hours but after growth spurt went onto 4-6 oz every 4 hours x x x