How much formula at 7 months.

LittleNikki

Reaction score
I had an appt for Henry with a dietician today to discuss him transitioning from nutramigen back to normal formula. Anyway she wanted to know what he eats/drinks in a typical day.

She listed down everything he has and said I'm giving him to much milk and I she wants me to drop one of his bottles. He has 3 8oz bottles a day and has only recently dropped the 4th.

She said to stop giving him his mid afternoon bottle and just give him one morning and night. This doesn't seem right to me and I think he still needs that extra bottle for a while yet.

I'm not going to drop that bottle since he doesn't eat massive amounts and I know he needs the nutrition from his milk, I'm just curious what other babies the same age are having and if anyone agrees with the dietician.

We've only just started weaning our lb this week so he's still basically purely ff.

He has around 23-26 ozs a day. He's am iugr preemie though and our dietician said to hold off on solids if he wasnt ready. No need to start before 9 months

My lo had 3 bottles a day til gosh I can't even remember 8/9 months even after tha he sometimes had a afternoon bottle do what u think is right x
Also we didn't try my second son back on normal milk till he was 1 are they thinking about doing it already ? My son couldn't tolerate cows milk until he was 2 but could eat diary from 1 x

My eldest daughter is 20 months and she still has three bottles of milk a day and is fully weaned on food and eats a vast amount! She has a morning, after her nap and before bed bottle. She's on cows milk and has been since she was 1. I know both of my eldest two children at 7 months were still on 4 bottles a day as we had only begun to wean at 6 months and I did BLW so they weren't getting a lot to eat really it was more exploring at that age.

My lo had 3 bottles a day til gosh I can't even remember 8/9 months even after tha he sometimes had a afternoon bottle do what u think is right x
Also we didn't try my second son back on normal milk till he was 1 are they thinking about doing it already ? My son couldn't tolerate cows milk until he was 2 but could eat diary from 1 x

My oldest was the same could have dairy in food from pretty much day 1 of weaning with little discomfort. But Henry was a much milder intolerance and he's having cows milk on his breakfast and a lot of dairy products throughout the day with no issue so we wanted to try him and see how he gets on

I think every baby has different needs, our seven month old has 5-7 6oz bottles a day and has two meals a day plus a snack.

I was so in shock when she said I was giving him far to much milk. I know other babies his age have a lot more

At 7 months my daughters bottle 'schedule' was about

6am 8oz

9am 4oz after meal

12pm 4oz after meal

3pm 4oz after meal

6pm 6-8oz

Mine had three bottles a day till 11. Months and only stopped due to being too nosy at the nursery. We were at 2 (4oz) bottles till nearly 2 but these were for comfort really. She was a great eater from day one too

Wow in not sure that my LO isn't actually eating to much looking at these replies, he has two meals a day although we are doing blw so he may not get quite as much as puréed but he's also still having 5 bottles a day at 7oz each time. :)

My Lo is 7 months, shes pretty big for her age though, she is 24lbs. I read they still have to have 500-600ml of milk per day so about 21oz.

My DD has 8oz bottle when she wakes up

Breakfast

Lunch (another 5oz bottle after lunch)

Dinner

8oz Bedtime bottle (but shes recently started only drinking about 6oz)

My baby is 11 months old, and I just took away the fourth bottle because he was more hungry for food rather than the bottle. My baby now gets an 8 oz bottle at 8 am, 3pm, 8pm. At 7 months old, he had an 8 oz bottle at 8am, 12pm, 5pm and 8:30pm. He is quiet a chunky baby and eats three well-established meals per day as well as an afternoon snack. He's 27 pounds and just perfect and happy! I always follow my babies' leads when it comes to this. Most of my babies were happier with food and didn't want the bottles at around a year old, so I know my baby will be off the bottles soon enough. I think you're right to question this person. Your 7-month-old still needs their nutrition from bottles.

I would ignore that advice. If he's drinking it, he needs it. But at 7 months, he'll just be tasting food still rather than getting much in the way of nutrition and calories from it, so the bulk should still come from milk.

At that age, mine had probably 6 bottles still, maybe about 260 ml each, give or take, sometimes more sometimes less. She didn't drop to 3 bottles a day until 11/12 months and not to 2 until maybe 13/14 months. 3 bottles a day probably isn't often enough for most 7 month olds unless they are eating lots of solids and taking in plenty of fluids in other forms.

We didn't drop any bottles until my daughter stopped wanting them (not seeming hungry, refusing them totally, or being interested more in solids at that time, for example, a snack between meals rather than milk). We never actively dropped them when she was drinking them happily.

I would ignore that advice. If he's drinking it, he needs it. But at 7 months, he'll just be tasting food still rather than getting much in the way of nutrition and calories from it, so the bulk should still come from milk.

At that age, mine had probably 6 bottles still, maybe about 260 ml each, give or take, sometimes more sometimes less. She didn't drop to 3 bottles a day until 11/12 months and not to 2 until maybe 13/14 months. 3 bottles a day probably isn't often enough for most 7 month olds unless they are eating lots of solids and taking in plenty of fluids in other forms.

We didn't drop any bottles until my daughter stopped wanting them (not seeming hungry, refusing them totally, or being interested more in solids at that time, for example, a snack between meals rather than milk). We never actively dropped them when she was drinking them happily.

That's what I did with my first he was never as bothered about milk as Henry is so he dropped to 3 bottles pretty much at just over 6 months. Henry loves his milk but stopped drinking his mid morning bottle and just messed with it so I tried leaving it out and he was fine. I always go with if he wants it and drinks it all he must need it. He is a big boy and doesn't eat a huge amount of solids, he isn't putting on to much weight and is following the 75th centile line he has been on since birth so I'm just going to follow my mother's instinct like I did with william

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->