How much formula does/did your one month old eat?

Starlight32

Reaction score
How much does/did your one month old eat? I think she may be using the bottle to comfort suck because she spits up afterwards. She cries during feedings and I don't know if it's because she is still hungry or because she's uncomfortable from eating too much.

Hi my daughter had about 4 oz every 4 hours. I used to burp her half way through to make sure she was not swallowing too much air as she was a fast drinker. If shes uncomfortable have a word with your health visitor or gp or even a pharmacist. She could have colic or something x

My almost 6 week old has 4.5oz every 3-4 hours. She was born 6.9oz and is now over 10 pounds as per our pedi visit Monday. If your dd is having trouble eating it can be reflux. Call your pedi they prescribe Zantac my first 2 girls both took it. It helps a lot!

My son is 5 week old 2mrw.he is having 3oz every 3hours in the day. And about 4hours over night. He just wont take any more. I wind him every 1oz.

My boy would have 3.5 - 4 oz at 4 Weeks. I noticed he would cry when given the boob And that was either cos he needed To be burp'd between switching breasts or if my let down was too much for him.

I would try burping your baba when she gets upset while drinking as sometimes it could just be trapped wind which makes them uncomfy And then naturally they would not want To continue feeding while feeling uncomfortable. Also if u feel like u may be overfeeding, looks for signs of her vomiting or bringing up milk after every feed- but u will only be able To assess this if she finishes her entire feed.

My bet is that the nipple on the bottle is either letting out the milk too much too quick or too little very slow. Or that she just needs To be burp'd when she begins To fuss while on the bottle.

Hope she feels better on the bottle soon starlight x

Maybe your LO has acid reflux? Mine does, and before we got him on a prescription for it, he could be pretty fussy during feedings and spit up quite a bit afterward. Or, maybe your LO has an allergy, and the formula that you give her irritates it.

My LO is primarily drinking breastmilk, but I do supplement some with formula. Before he was diagnosed with acid reflux, I experimented with several types of formula to see if any of them would make him more comfortable and spit up less. I found that Neutramigen helped some (it's a little pricey, but it may be worth it). Since my LO has acid reflux, I have to give him smaller amounts more often. At 17 weeks old, he drinks 3-3.5 oz every 2 hours during the day, and every 4 hours overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->