How much is a tooth worth nowadays??

k4th

Reaction score
Dd has a wobbly tooth! She is super excited whilst I'm wondering where my little baby went?!

How much is a tooth worth when the tooth fairy visits? I was thinking £2? What did you all give?

And how long from a wobbly tooth to a falling out tooth in your experience??

My dd has lost 4 teeth and got £1 coin for each. She was absolutely thrilled with that x

We also did £1 per tooth, but we give it in silver (not a clue why, Joshua mentioned getting silver so we went with that) so normally 2 x 50p.

Some seemed to take weeks from starting to be wobbly to actually falling out and others took a few days.

We'll be doing £1 when the time comes. He has no idea of the value of money anyway

ETA I think when I was little it was 50p for a bottom tooth and £1 for a top?

We do it as £2 per tooth. I've seen some parents on FB give £10 a tooth :o

My DS had to have 3 teeth out in Hospital awhile under GA and we gave him £0 for being so good.

We did £2 for the first tooth and then £1 for each tooth after. It took ages for the first one to fall out as he wouldn't wobble it and eat on it etc. I ended up pulling it out as it was hanging on by the tiniest bit of gum and was waggling around and getting sore!

The first tooth gets paper money from us (£5) the second tooth gets £3 then every other tooth after that gets either £1 or £2 (depending what I have in my purse lol).

We do $1 coin per tooth.

It was always £1 a tooth for me as a child and I'll do the same for my children.

Thank so everyone! I feel like I need to offer the same for every tooth because dd will remember what she gets & it's just not worth a debate :haha:

I might clean a £1 coin with Coke so it's really shiny & use that.

She's also hoping the tooth fairy will leave a letter like she did for her friends!!

Thank so everyone! I feel like I need to offer the same for every tooth because dd will remember what she gets & it's just not worth a debate :haha:

She's also hoping the tooth fairy will leave a letter like she did for her friends!!

I seen somewhere that somebody painted the £1 coins with sparkly clear nail varnish to make it 'magical' thought it was a nice idea!

We did £2 and a certificate for his first tooth and then £1 for each tooth after. Out tooth fairy also leaves a trail of blue stars from the window to under his pillow.

His first tooth was s little bit wobbly for ages but once it was properly wobbly it fell out in a couple of days, the same with his second (although a kick to the mouth from his little brother did speed that one along). He's currently got three teeth that are a little bit wobbly and have been for ages

We did £2 and a certificate for his first tooth and then £1 for each tooth after. Out tooth fairy also leaves a trail of blue stars from the window to under his pillow.

His first tooth was s little bit wobbly for ages but once it was properly wobbly it fell out in a couple of days, the same with his second (although a kick to the mouth from his little brother did speed that one along). He's currently got three teeth that are a little bit wobbly and have been for ages

U

:rofl: that could be an option if she carries on being as dramatic as she is!! A pizza tea took an hour to eat this evening with an "ouch" for every bite!

U

:rofl: that could be an option if she carries on being as dramatic as she is!! A pizza tea took an hour to eat this evening with an "ouch" for every bite!

Ha ha, you could be in for a long wait!!

Good question. I never planned to do Santa, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy, but when Violet was 2, we did start doing the Easter Bunny. However, we made it clear that it was just pretend. This last Christmas, we also had Santa presents. Again, Violet knew it was just pretend. So the question is, do we also pretend the tooth fairy is real? Hm...

Good question. I never planned to do Santa, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy, but when Violet was 2, we did start doing the Easter Bunny. However, we made it clear that it was just pretend. This last Christmas, we also had Santa presents. Again, Violet knew it was just pretend. So the question is, do we also pretend the tooth fairy is real? Hm...

Joshua doesn't believe in the Tooth Fairy (nor Santa) but he finds it exciting still to find money under his pillow (who wouldnt?!) He puts in his saving jar (a glass demi john in his room that he puts random change into.) We still say it's from the tooth fairy though, it's more of a bit of fun for him rather than actually believing a fairy took his tooth & left him coins.

His brother on the other hand, I get the feeling he'll still believe in it all until adulthood :rofl:

Ooo, coins are a good idea. Maybe I can put a roll of pennies or nickles under her pillow to go in her piggie bank! It might also be fun to get a toy tooth fairy to hide around the house when she has a loose tooth. Then when the tooth falls out, it can go under the pillow and the next day when she wakes up, the tooth and fairy will be gone and money will be under her pillow.

I seen somewhere that somebody painted the £1 coins with sparkly clear nail varnish to make it 'magical' thought it was a nice idea!

It fell out!!! She's so excited about the tooth fairy now!!

^^about the above comment. I hovered over my coin with sparkly nail varnish - but is that defacing the queen or something?? I really worried that somebody might refuse the coin in a shop - so I've sprayed it with glitter hairspray instead :haha: Thanks for the inspiration!!

My 6 yesr old has lost two teeth so far. We gave £1 coin each time but a special letter from the tooth fairy with the first tooth.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->