How much is safe to lift?

Jenelle

Mommy of 2 Boys
Reaction score
I have a 40lb 3 year old he's nealy 4 feet... so very big for his age.... I always thought that lifting him would be okay, just so long as I was lifting him correctly, But the other day I lifted him up in front of a friend and she commented that I shouldn't be doing that while pregnant.
This was one of my qustions that I was intending to ask my doc at the last appointment, but she was teaching a student, and they compleley ingored me (annoyed the heck outta me, but thats another story) anyways I didnt get any questions or comments in. So whats your guys' oppinions on this?

I'm unsure, but I lift things I am comfortable lifting. People always say you shouldn't do this and that, but you know when it starts to hurt and that's when I stop.

exactly, i agree - your body will let you know if its too much. I read that lifting heavy objects isnt related to miscarriage. Anyways, I gues that'd just be a worry in the early weeks?
If it hurts dont do it.
If it feels like you could strain yourself dont do it.

Thats generally what i go by. And I tend to take advantage of the excuse to take it easy!
hahha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->