how much/long does your baby sleep day/night?

Linny

Reaction score
I'm just curious as to what your baby's sleep pattern is like?

My LO doesn't sttn, we put her down between 8 and 9pm and she wakes between 12 and 1am for a feed. After that it changes every night but usually at least once more before 5am an then feeds and naps regularly after that till around 8ish when we get up for the day!

She has long naps throughout the day and if i try keep her awake she cries till she goes to sleep! I just don't know whether she sleeps too much through the day?

Should i just let her sleep when she needs it? This baby lark is well confusing :)

i used to let my ds sleep when he wanted to this is when they do most their learning and growing it is good for them. he slept most the day until 4-5 months and slept all night too. they'll just be grumpy if you don't let them have their sleep.

My DD will be 15 weeks tomorrow. She has her last feed anywhere between 7pm-930pm and is asleep about 30mins after her last feed. And then she has her next feed anywhere between 330am-5am (usually closer to 5am) and then goes back to sleep till 9am-10am. Then she cat naps t/o the day like 30mins here and 30 mins there. I never wake her just let her sleep as much as she needs.

Isabelle goes to bed of an evening between half 7 and 8, we'll give her a feed at about half ten and then she'll sleep through until about half 7 in the morning. She'll then havin half hour ish naps at about 10am and 2am.. sometimes more. I just let her sleep when she wants it because otherwise she's just grumpy! I don't think your baba is sleeping too much in the day, Isabelle didn't sleep through the night until she was about 10 weeks so it might happen for you soon :) xxx

I was just worried she was getting day and night confused! She does sleep at night its just she moves alot and makes loads of noises so i'm not sure how good her quality of sleep is!

I'l just let her sleep then, didn't like idea of waking her up and dealing with a grumpy bum :)

Ella usually goes to bed around 8pm and sleeps until 6am when she will have a feed. she then tends to be awake for about an hour at a time (this includes feed time) sleeping the rest of the time.

At your LOs age I really would just let her sleep as much as she wants as she needs it. It sounds like she's doing really well over night to be honest, she's still tiny. I think my LO slept a LOT for the first 3 months, try to enjoy the long daytime naps, it changed so quickly. xx

well-my lo's brain is wired and tends to take about three 10 to 30min naps during the day and sleeps between 6 and 8 hrs at night. More like 6 really:dohh:

Totally exhausting!

Jacks routine goes something like thisl:
feed at 6.30 and bed 7pm.
We wake him at 10pm for a feed.
Sleeps till around 4 for a feed.
Wakes at 7am ish
Naps at 9-9.45 am, 12-2.15 and 4-4.45

He screamed at first at 7pm and its hard to wake him up sometimes at 10 but its been worth it as he slept through the night dfor the first time this weekend :)

My ds is 2 months and finding I'm finding his sleeping pattern hard work just because his sister slept through from 6 weeks old so I didn't really anticipate having to do the 'sleepless nights' thing for so long.

My ds has a feed at around half 6. Then another full feed at 10 and goes down to bed. He then wakes at around 4-5 for another feed, after that he goes down till about 8.

I know it's not a terrible routine but I can't help comparing him to his sister, and I'm just longing for a full nights sleep!!

It also seems as my ds lacks sleep, my dd has decided she no longer wants to sleep!!

X

think my baby is far too chilled out for her own good! she sleeps most of the day, normally is awake for about 40 mins after each bottle (every four hours) in which time she will play in her chair / on mat. last bottle is normally between 9 and 10pm then she sleeps through until about 6 or seven am, then the pattern starts again! really lucky i think, shes pretty much done this since she was born apart from a 3am ish bottle in the early days! :thumbup:

think my baby is far too chilled out for her own good! she sleeps most of the day, normally is awake for about 40 mins after each bottle (every four hours) in which time she will play in her chair / on mat. last bottle is normally between 9 and 10pm then she sleeps through until about 6 or seven am, then the pattern starts again! really lucky i think, shes pretty much done this since she was born apart from a 3am ish bottle in the early days! :thumbup:

Wow that is very lucky :) I am up anywhere between 3 & 5 times i would say from putting her down at bedtime till 8am ish! Enjoy it :lol:

that sounds just like my ds was hope this next one is the same i can hope haha

My son is 10 months and does not STTN. To not STTN at 2 months is 100% normal and should never be expected (but of course is always a pleasant surprise if they do). Your baby actually sleeps about the same as mine. Bed at 7-7:30pm, feed at 1am, feed at 4-5am, up at 6am for the day. On a good night! LOL! Last night was bed at 7pm, up at 12am feed, 2,3,4am wake, 5:30am for the day. He naps from 9-10:30am and 2-3:30pm.

At 2 months, she should sleep a lot in the day, and be awake no more than 2 hours at a time (even 1.5 hour is preferable). If you try and keep her awake, she will struggle to settle at night (she needs the day sleep to recover from the day stimulation) and it will make things worse. Do not try to keep her awake.

At 2 months, it's pretty simple - awake more than 1.5 hour, put them to sleep. Let them sleep as long as they want! Even at 10 months, I resist waking him up as it just makes him grumpy.

The reason for this is that their sleep cycle patterns are not the same as an adult. Their sleep cycles are much shorter, their sleep is much lighter, their ability to process stimulation is different. Reading up on infant sleep cycles might help reassure you :)

I'm just curious as to what your baby's sleep pattern is like?

My LO doesn't sttn, we put her down between 8 and 9pm and she wakes between 12 and 1am for a feed. After that it changes every night but usually at least once more before 5am an then feeds and naps regularly after that till around 8ish when we get up for the day!

She has long naps throughout the day and if i try keep her awake she cries till she goes to sleep! I just don't know whether she sleeps too much through the day?

Should i just let her sleep when she needs it? This baby lark is well confusing :)

My 14 week old lo during the day has one long nap of 2 -3 hours and then cat naps 30 mins or an hour.
During the night he wakes up every 3 hours for a feed. Hungry little boy! But settles pretty quickly after each feed - I can feed and settle him in 30 mins now.

Yeah I would say right now it isn't a big deal, let her sleep when she is tired. Maybe as she gets a bit older and the pattern continues then look deeper into it

We put our LO to bed at about 8ish then give her a bottle about 10.30ish, then she sleeps till 8am then breast feed her then put her back to bed and she will sleep till 10.30am ish, then breast feed her again and she plays for a bit the has bout a half hour nap then breast feed again at 1.30 and she plays again, then goes to sleep at 2.45 prob till next feed about 4.30 which is a bottle feed then prob be awake till next feed at 7.30 which is breast then put her to bed again!!!
in the early weeks she told us wen she was hungry and sleepy and then from bout 9 weeks she slept through the night!!
i think we are very lucky and if your LO wants to sleep let them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->