How much milk around 8-9 months?

lau86

Reaction score
I breastfeed now and give a bottle of formula at bed time. I'll need to stop breastfeeding anyway when I go back to work so just wondering how many bottles this age of baby has on average? My first two never took bottles so it's quite new

After weaning they say three bottles a day but my health visitor said around 9 months can drop to two but it all depends on the baby some want more or less than others my son is 7 months and having four a day and one a night . X

My little boys is 9 months and has two bottles a day (morning and bed-time), he dropped his afternoon one probably about a month ago and has a snack at that time instead.
Might be a bit of trial and error for a while, good luck!

My 8.5 month old daughter breastfeeds 2-3 times a day and has about 10-15 oz of formula from a bottle as well.

I think every baby will be different and it also very much depends on when they feed now and how much solid food they are eating. We did BLW, so at 8-9 months, my daughter was still mostly eating just for play rather than massive meals. But she would have a bottle when she woke up, one mid morning (10am ish), one early afternoon, one late afternoon and one at bedtime, plus 3 meals a day (so 5 bottles). She also had one bottle overnight until 9 months when she dropped that. By 10/11 months, it was 4 bottles during the day with the late afternoon one being very small and mostly a snack. It would be roughly 180-260 ml each depending, but it's very much trial and error. Formula tastes different (not as nice) than breastmilk, so you may find your LO tastes less than you might expect to start.

My baby had four 6oz bottles in a 24 hour period, plus three meals and two snacks. She relies on her bottle quite heavily!

Amelie was having around 4-5 bottles at that age with about 5-6oz in each.

My daughter was drinking about 3 6oz bottles at 9 mo if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->