How much milk?

helent1983

Reaction score
Hello!

My baby is nearly 7 months old and is now on 3 meals a day. How often should I be giving him milk? (His currently breastfed). He has never demanded to be fed so am I confused as to when to feed him and how much. Please can I have your opinions.

Thanks

I would continue to offer the same feeds, he'll probably start to refuse ones he doesn't want, or take less. As it is much harder work for a baby to BF than FF you can probably trust him to take the amount he needs. I FF and have had to consciously offer less milk per bottle because Ruby would still be drinking 40 odd ounces per day if I offered it, along with 3 meals, which IMO is more than she needs.

The World Health Organisation says at 7 months a baby should be on 3 solid meals a day and BF'd 'frequently'.

im 5 month old is on 3 meals a day and i was wondering the same thing. I'm trying to switch her to FF so i tend to only BF after 3pm and through the night. Soon i hope to be only BF after 6pm.

At 5 months old give as much milk as she wants, the solids shouldn't be taking its place yet. :)

My HV said to give normal milk feeds up until 6 months and then let LO drop one when they want.
My LO is 1 week shy of 6 months and is taking less already( this given before a milk feed )
But i was also wondering not how much but when?as in before a milk feed still or after:shrug:

This is all quite confusing:wacko:

I now with formula fed babies they should get around 18-21 oz a day on top of their meals...for Izzy that means around 2-3 bottles.
So she has a bottle when she wakes, then meals in the day....then milk bottle at 5-6pm and then again before bed.

My Lo is almost 7 months and still takes between 30 - 35 ozs!
Im just trsuting him tbh

Today Archie had:

milk when he woke at 7.30am
wheetabix and toast at 9.00am
milk at 12.15pm
Baby jar and some fruit at 2.30pm
sandwiches, banana and yoghart at 6.00pm
bedtime milk at 7.30pm

Would you say this is ok for a 7 month old?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->