How much more should I be eating??? HELP!

I am so stressed about how much to eat during pregnancy. This came as a surprise to me, albeit a very happy one, and I am unprepared for how to properly nourish my baby.

I have read that during first tri women really only need around 150 extra cals a day... The problem is that I have struggled with an eating disorder prior to this and 150 more would only put me at 650 to 750 a day, which is clearly still unhealthy. So I have instead found myself binge eating and not knowing where to stop. I don't know what a healthy number would be.

Can anyone give me some insight as far as how much I should be eating? I am so confused.

I'm really upset about this. I just want a healthy little baby.

a normal, healthy dietfor a woman should be around 2000 calories a day. In the first and second trimesters you really don't need any extra, it's really only in the third tri.

for you I would say just to eat what you can. it's fantastic that you want to do all you can for your baby, despite your own troubles. maybe see a dietician if you can, or look online for eating plans

It's less about how much to eat and more about WHAT you eat at this stage. You really need to see your doctor to get some dietary support otherwise your body will struggle to support baby x

I was concerned with my own weight gain. I gained 6 pounds by 6 weeks. When I asked my doctor for advice, she said most of the female population should only gain 0-4 pounds. She said in my situation, I'm very thin, 5'2" and weighed 91 lbs, she said weight gain was a good thing. She told me to listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry. She also said my first miscarriage may have been as a result of my body not having proper reserves and nutrition intake for a baby.

I agee with the others that it is more about what you eat. My doctor told me to eat things as close to their natural form as possible. Fresh fruit, fresh veggies, whole grain etc. Also i was told to snack often and told to drink a lot of water.

I had an eating disorder too for many years b/4 having this baby and my OB wanted me to gain 10 lbs during first trimester. I stopped counting calories and focused on eating 3 meals a day...normal looking meals. I ate what I wanted and didn't obsess about it. Just so happened I craved hamburgers (I think I just craved meat) so I ate them all the time. If you're having a lot of trouble it would be worth speaking to a dietician and letting that person help you with a meal plan. Good luck!

I have totally not got any idea how many calories I eat per day. I would really suggest not counting at all. Just eat to appetite and go for the healthy options. Your body will tell you what you want. If your body says "binge", and it doesn't make you sick then eat that amount. If you are underweight before pregnancy you probably need to gain more than those of us who are larger.

I think in the first tri it can be a struggle to eat due to morning sickness. I did spend a couple of weeks only able to eat cottage cheese and marmite on toast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->