How much movement should I feel at 20 weeks?

Jemsybabes

Cautiously Expecting #3
Reaction score
Any ladies around the 20 week mark how much movement are you feeling? I'm only feeling kicks and movement a few times during the day and sometimes if I concentrate and try to do the 10 kicks in half an hour thing I don't get to 10. I know that test is designed for 24 weeks plus but I'm paranoid as a couple of people I know have lost babies following reduced movement and even though this is my third healthy pregnancy it's hit home with me a bit.
Just wanted to know what everyone else is feeling? Should say that I've had my 20 week scan and placenta isn't anterior (had an anterior placenta with my son and it definitely cushioned a lot of the kicks).
Thanks

I was just going through my paperwork from the ob and my Dr's office wants you to do kick counts from 28 weeks, and have 10 per two hours so you're still early! At 20 weeks I felt baby at least once a day sometimes more but not always (I do have an anterior placenta) sounds like you are doing fine.

I'm feeling about the same and I'm almost 20 weeks. I do have an anterior placenta, though. There are times I've worried because movement will seem to decrease, but then baby always makes up for it later. I'm thinking she just moves into a position where movements are less obvious from time to time, because she's still so small and has a bit of room.

Also, from what I understand, the kick counts aren't really supposed to be monitored until closer to 30 weeks. I think that even at 24 weeks is still pretty early for that. It's hard not to worry, though. I completely understand where you're coming from.

Yeah I think it's fairly sporadic at this point. I'm 21 weeks and was wondering the same thing. There will be hours I don't feel her, then every now and again she'll do like 5 movements in a row. I think if I didn't feel anything for 2 days I would start to worry. From 28 weeks I think the 10 movements a day thing applies.

I'm just ahead of you at 21 weeks. I feel her move throughout the day but not at all constantly. I wouldn't worry too much, it's still early. Call your ob if you need some reassurance, that's what they're there for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->