How much progesterone (suppositories) after ovulation

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
It seems I ovulated around the 8th and we caught this egg...at least I am feeling strange cramps.
I read that 3 days after ovulation one can start with progesterone (mine is low likely due to breastfeeding)
I have 100 mg tablets here but am unsure about the dose. My doctor does not even think it is possible to ovulate or conceive after chemicals twice in a row...so no help there :(

Before you start it is best to speak with your GP. Taking medication you have in the house is not advisable.

I hope you get your BFP this month, cramps aren't necessarily a sure sign of pregnancy though so try not to build your hopes up too much. xx

Before you start it is best to speak with your GP. Taking medication you have in the house is not advisable.

I hope you get your BFP this month, cramps aren't necessarily a sure sign of pregnancy though so try not to build your hopes up too much. xx

Hmm, I never had cramps without a chemical, so are you saying one can cramp after ovulation when there was no conception? I only ever had chemicals and never experienced cramps or any symptoms with my period or when ovulating prior to ttc.

My doctor prescribed it last cycle after my bfp but does not believe I could be pregnant again so no help there.

Yes you can cramp after ovulation its perfectly normal! For a few days after the area can be irritatated by the fluid released and also apparently the tubes can spasm which helps egg on its journeys causing mild discomfort. I would start the progesterone once pregnancy is confirmed and I can tell you that a usual dose is 200mg- 400mg twice daily pessary form as that's what I have been on. Try and relax about it all and good luck x

Your body goes through a lot in chemicals. Some women conceive next cycle, some take a few months to regulate again. It is possible to cramp without conception, which is probably not what you want to hear. Try to relax a little, which I know is easier said than done, but being worried/stressed/over analysing everything won't help.

I can relate to what you're saying about cramps and ovulation. You've never had ovulation cramps so you've linked it with conception. On the other hand for most of my life I knew I was ovulating because it would be accompanied by severe cramps. However, this past year I had no such cramps. We were light ttc and never having cramps (and I had a chemical earlier this year also) I was so sure I was no longer ovulating as I was not having any other ovulation symptoms as well. An ultrasound revealed that I in fact was ovulating and just didn't know it... so yeah, I guess what I'm trying to say is you can have cramps or no cramps and it wouldn't necessarily point to whether you ovulated or not, or conception occurred or not.

I hope you get the results you want.

Yes you can cramp after ovulation its perfectly normal! For a few days after the area can be irritatated by the fluid released and also apparently the tubes can spasm which helps egg on its journeys causing mild discomfort. I would start the progesterone once pregnancy is confirmed and I can tell you that a usual dose is 200mg- 400mg twice daily pessary form as that's what I have been on. Try and relax about it all and good luck x

Normally my cramps increase with pregnancy sonI guess if these last, I will know more?

Another doctor said to take them after ovulation since I have low progesterone I will never get far past a faint bfp. But for now I am only getting 200.

Your body goes through a lot in chemicals. Some women conceive next cycle, some take a few months to regulate again. It is possible to cramp without conception, which is probably not what you want to hear. Try to relax a little, which I know is easier said than done, but being worried/stressed/over analysing everything won't help.

Yeah it may simply be related to having went through a chemical, but my cramping had stopped after a few days and resumed after ovulation was over. Now worsening cramps every day, often quite painful :/ Feels a bit like contractions, but milder.

I can relate to what you're saying about cramps and ovulation. You've never had ovulation cramps so you've linked it with conception. On the other hand for most of my life I knew I was ovulating because it would be accompanied by severe cramps. However, this past year I had no such cramps. We were light ttc and never having cramps (and I had a chemical earlier this year also) I was so sure I was no longer ovulating as I was not having any other ovulation symptoms as well. An ultrasound revealed that I in fact was ovulating and just didn't know it... so yeah, I guess what I'm trying to say is you can have cramps or no cramps and it wouldn't necessarily point to whether you ovulated or not, or conception occurred or not.

I hope you get the results you want.

True, but with 4 pregnancies I always got the increasing cramps...so I figured if this is not a pregnancy it would be a first. I can see how my body may be confused though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->