how much trust to put into my gut feeling?

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
I had a wonderful home birth with Willow and knew from the get go I wanted that but this time around as much as I tell myself a home birth is the way to go something deep inside screams no don't do it.

I can't explain it but my gut is telling me my boy needs a hospital delivery. I usually put a lot of faith in instinct so this is really throwing me sideways.

It feels like my body/baby is trying to tell me that we will need extra help this time and I don't want to ignore that but at the same time I know that hospitals can increase the risks to me and babe.

I sound a little crazy :haha: but I just can't shake this feeling.

You've got plenty of time for your instincts to change, but ultimately you need to birth wherever you'll feel most at ease.

Being a natural/homebirthing mama isn't just about birthing in your own home, it's the mindset and taking that vibe wherever you give birth. Since we all know, we can plan all we like but still end up birthing in hospital anyway.

If birthing at home is going to make you tense and worried, then you're not going to have the best of times anyway so choose what will make you feel comfortable, not a venue you feel you ought to pick :)

Could you birth in a MLU, so less intervention and more homely, then you can get the transfer if needed? Depends on your situation but i know a lot of hospitals have MLU on site. I'm a big believer in instinct too, but I agree that its the mindset that will give you your ideal birth xxx

You know that I am a massive believer in trusting your instinct hun. Sometimes we cant explain what or why, but we just 'know'.

I think that where ever you labour, that you are assertive enough that you wouldnt allow them to push you around and do something you dont want/dont feel is neccessary.

I am a big wimp though lol If im somewhere where pain relief is i might ask for it even if i dont really want it

Is your gut saying that its going to be delivering thats a problem rather the actual labour? If so (depending on how you're from the hospital) could you stay at home til the last moment? Or does the hospital have a birthing unit?

They have a low risk section but its not midwife led.

I dont what it is, just a uneasy feeling in general when i think about being at home. Maybe me and the little guy know the placenta isnt going to move up, will know more on that at the next scan on 23rd.

Im not worried about the pain aspect as if im at home i know i have no choice but just somethings telling me us needing extra help. Rivers comments about pushing not working and needing doctors hasnt helped :haha: She knows alot more then she should about things though, even when Chris was being silly she would preempt some of his moves

I woudl go with your gut. I had a strong gut feeling about my 4th baby's birth that I just couldn't shake despite no evidence that I would need extra help. I ended up being 100% correct.

I say go with your instinct. Having had a homebirth already you know what a natural birth can be like . Be organised, have a birth plan and make sure the hospital know what your wishes are. Enlist your oh/birth partner to be assertive for you during labour as you might not be able to. Plan all the things you would do at home (have snacks on hand, be mobile, take an ipad/laptop for films and music, aromatherapy etc). That way you hopefully shouldn't feel like you're missing out too much but you can feel reassured you have done what you think is 'best'. How far away from hospital do u live if u need to be transferred?

Blue lights is about 20 minutes. Hopefully my next scan will ease some of my worries. Im not going to mention it to my MW As far as she is concerned i am going for a homebirth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->