How much uniform to buy for reception

Are people doing the summer gingham dresses for the girls for September? I think Sept can be so cold so i think i won't but i dont want her to be the only one that isnt wearing one

I won't be. For this first year she can wear winter uniform, but next year if it's still warm enough in September for dresses she'll have the one she wore in Reception. Seems such a waste to buy a summer dress for a few weeks in Reception as you don't know if it'll still fit next summer.

Silly question, do you put polo tshirts or shirts under pinafore dresses?

The school here doesn't have shirts so it'll have to be polo shirts under a pinafore.

For Joshua last year when he started we got:-

3 × School Jumpers
3 x Plain Polo Shirts
3 x Trousers
3-4 white vests

We did buy a PE Kit but it turned out we didn't need it for Reception. They just wear pants & vests.

We need a PE kit, school is tiny, no hall for gym or anything so all PE is done outside.

I'll be buying -
5 pairs grey tights
4 pairs knee high grey socks
4 pairs knee high white socks
5 pairs ankle white socks
8 pairs new pant shorts
2 pairs PE shorts
2 pairs PE joggers
2 PE polo tops
2 white polo tops
2 cardigans
1 jumper
2 skirts
1 pair shoes
1 pair plimsoles

Are people doing the summer gingham dresses for the girls for September? I think Sept can be so cold so i think i won't but i dont want her to be the only one that isnt wearing one[/

Our school says that for reception children they suggest they start in their winter uniform as they are usually only in them until Oct half term anyway and by the following spring they will of likely grown.
I may buy Esther her summer dress and put her in it if the weather looks good.

ETA: as I said in another thread-try to encourage your daughter to cycle or scoot. It makes the journey go a lot quicker. DS used a balance bike and a regular bike right from the word go and it makes our 1 mile each way go alot quicker and easier.

Just wanted to say polo shirts or t shirts are best on PE days.

Scally, my girls are eight and almost six and have never worn summer dresses after the summer holidays, it is always too cold.

Kala, we use polo shirts under pinafore dresses as t-shirts arent part of the uniform here.

Madi has had for year..

3 dresses
2 skirts
5 polo shirts
2 cardis ( I think 3 is better though, but they're £14 ! )
A zillion pairs of fold over white socks.

Only warn summer dresses this year, not last year at all.

Pe kit.
Pair of shorts
White top
Plimsoles

Coat
Book bag (frozen backpack)
And lunch box :)

Is it just me who finds it silly to say 'plimsolls'? I'm from up North where everybody says 'pumps' but OH laughs at me when I call them that!

The only thing we get two of is polo-shirts! Everything else there's just one of and if it gets dirty it gets put in the wash. The uniform isn't one you can buy cheaply so it would be too expensive to buy multiples.

Is it just me who finds it silly to say 'plimsolls'? I'm from up North where everybody says 'pumps' but OH laughs at me when I call them that!

I'm from up North and always called them Plimsolls....never called them pumps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->