How much weight can I lose before I should start worrying?

Leami

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope you're well!:thumb up:

I have been very sick these few weeks, and I have lost quite a bit of weight, 9 lbs over 2 and a half week. I am on the low side of "normalweight" atm, and Im worried that the weightloss will harm my baby :cry:

Has any one you lose a lot of weight first tri? is it dangerous for baby?

xx

I lost over a stone the first time round (was only like 8 something stone before) and I was fine, well I wasn't it was horrible so I feel your pain, the sickness was terrible and nothing stayed down but I mean it didn't effect my LO at all. If you're having difficulty keeping fluid down be more worried, see your doctor and they will check your levels or things see if you're dehydrated, that is important to keep monitored. Also do your best to keep your vitamins down, as for actual food baby doesn't really need much off you at this stage I believe so don't worry if it's just due to lack of appetite etc, hope it passes soon for you!

I've lost 7lb but I've put two pounds back on this week as my appetite is coming back, I'm a little overweight anyway, just a little, so I'm not worried. I don't think it can harm baby in any way, if your worried though just call your midwife and express your concerns to her.

With my first pregnancy I lost 7lbs in the first 10 weeks, sickness didn't stop until 15 weeks but I didn't weigh myself at that point. That gave me a bmi of 18 at my booking in appt. The midwife wasn't concerned because I was still able to keep melon and yoghurt down, the baby is tiny so they'll get nutrients out of anything you eat it's just you left feeling bad. My daughter ended up just perfect.

If youve got bad sickness, struggling to eat and keep fluids down and lose over 4lb in a week you should see a doctor to check your not dehydrated a get meds.

I lost 8lb in 7 days then ended up in hospital needed fluid through IV drip.

In totally i hit -16lb, losing weight can become an issue for some. Not so for me i am overweight but my body going into ketones was bad thing that did need fixing.

So far I've lost about 10 lbs My OB hasn't said anything about it but then again I am a bit of a bigger girl. If you're really worried call up your OB and ask, make sure you're very hydrated though! I know being sick can dehydrate you and that will hurt baby. D:

I have lost 6 pound and still haven't put anything back on x

With my first a lost quite a but and was underweight before. Think I got back up to normal weight and started gaining a bit at 6 months pregnant. I was sick the whole way through. The midwife weighed me every appt but didn't seem overly concerned. Think it is worth discussing it with someone but baby normally takes what they want.

I've lost a stone, but i'm not under weight, I would just ask you MW, its normal to lose weigh in first tri but if you under weight i would talk to your midwife.

Thank you so much for your advice ladies! :) I feel less worried now, but I will call my doc and arrange an appointment as have problems getting enough fluids

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->