how much weight did you lose breastfeeding?

Mabv812

Reaction score
How much weight did you lose and how long did it take? Its been a month and I've lost 5 pounds (after 25 pounds of water weight came off haha) but I have been recovering from a c section. I'm hoping when I can work out again I will lose more and faster.

not enough !!!!!!!!!!

it helps-- but does not get rid of all mine

weight watchers and slimming world both do good plans for bf mums-- look in diet section

I have lost 7kg (post birth,11kg in total) in 5 weeks. Back down to pre-pregnancy weight. Managed to do quite a bit of walking though

I'm eating a ridiculous amount of food and very slowly losing weight. You burn about 500 calories a day breastfeeding, often more, so it should be easy to lose weight.

I am lighter now than before i got pregnant with #2 and im 6 months in :)

I'm 11 weeks after birth and have lost the 24lbs I'd put on plus another 3 lbs (and I don't want to go under my pre-pregnancy weight). I exercised during pregnancy and put on the minimun weight but haven't done any exercise in these 11 weeks x

I've been amazed! Back to pre-pregnancy weight by week 3 and have since lost another stone (6.4kgs) week 15, plus I am eating loads!! Better than any diet, god help me when I stop BFing

Oh wow. My body must be broken. I have been bf for almost three months. Walk practically every day and stiiiillll have to watch what I eat. I need to lose ten more lbs and it's taking forever. :(

I have lost 30 pounds in almost five weeks since giving birth, and i have 6 more pounds to go to get back to pre-preggo weight. I've been eating so much and haven't really exercised (that'll change after my 6-week post natal appointment next week), so i am very surprised.

Oh wow. My body must be broken. I have been bf for almost three months. Walk practically every day and stiiiillll have to watch what I eat. I need to lose ten more lbs and it's taking forever. :(

Don't worry! My body is "broken" too :haha: I am going on 3 months too and am gaining. I lost all the baby weight 2 weeks pp. then my appetite went crazy and I am starving 24/7, worse then when I was pregnant! I am also still craving fatty peanut butter!! Boo. Now I have put 5lbs back on and am very disappointed but have resulted to the fact that things just aren't gonna change until I am done bf. Sometimes a women's body who is EBF just stores extra fat because of making milk. If that makes since!

Oh gosh. Peanut butter. I loveee peanut butter. Who am I kidding? If its really not that great for you, i probably like it. Lol. But yes it does make sense but why oh why do i have to be one of those women? I shoulda figured since being skinny has never came easy to me. Oh well. Off to get some peanut butter now...... lol.

Oh gosh. Peanut butter. I loveee peanut butter. Who am I kidding? If its really not that great for you, i probably like it. Lol. But yes it does make sense but why oh why do i have to be one of those women? I shoulda figured since being skinny has never came easy to me. Oh well. Off to get some peanut butter now...... lol.

:rofl: I have already eaten about 1/2 a cup today!

It's one of the only things that doesn't bother my babys tummy! Peanut butter, bananas, bread and crackers..... Yay me :nope: a wonderful diet of fat and carbs lol

It isnt something that happened without trying for me. With my first I lost a lot initially but then started gaining. I never lost all my baby weight, just a little over half actually. Then at 4 months pp I conceived my /2nd. Opps. This time I have dieted and worked out everyday. Just aerobics, zumba or. 30 day shred for 10-3" mins. I have lost all my weight from my 2nd and almost all the leftover from my first in just 47 days. So I think if you give it some effort bfing really helps.

It's one of the only things that doesn't bother my babys tummy! Peanut butter, bananas, bread and crackers..... Yay me :nope: a wonderful diet of fat and carbs lol

Aw man, that really stinks. What a good mommy for sticking with bf for your little girl. :) who btw, has a beautiful name. My daughter is kaleigh also! We almost spelled it with a y too.

It isnt something that happened without trying for me. With my first I lost a lot initially but then started gaining. I never lost all my baby weight, just a little over half actually. Then at 4 months pp I conceived my /2nd. Opps. This time I have dieted and worked out everyday. Just aerobics, zumba or. 30 day shred for 10-3" mins. I have lost all my weight from my 2nd and almost all the leftover from my first in just 47 days. So I think if you give it some effort bfing really helps.

I have 30 day shred somewhere in my house! Time to find it haha.

I have 30 day shred somewhere in my house! Time to find it haha.

It's very good

Aw man, that really stinks. What a good mommy for sticking with bf for your little girl. :) who btw, has a beautiful name. My daughter is kaleigh also! We almost spelled it with a y too.

I am trying :) bf is very important to me. My goal use to be 2 years, then 1 year and now it's 6 months lol
Aww!!! I didn't see that in your initial post! I spelt it Kay because it's after a family member. I chose leigh over ly because it looked more girly to me :)

None. I lost babyweight but breastfeeding never helped me lose weight. It does keep my weight steady though.

I am trying :) bf is very important to me. My goal use to be 2 years, then 1 year and now it's 6 months lol
Aww!!! I didn't see that in your initial post! I spelt it Kay because it's after a family member. I chose leigh over ly because it looked more girly to me :)
That's great! Mine is a year but I also don't really have many restrictions and things she can't handle. I'm not sure really what I'd do in your position, but go you! And my middle name is leigh so I wanted it to be spelled that way so that we sorta shared something. Idk, its special to me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->