How much weight do you put on in last trimester (on average per week)

Star7890

New mummy
Reaction score
I was just wondering, because I want to see how much more weight Im likely to put on before the birth..

Im sure theres a rule about so much weight per week in the last trimester?
Ive put on 16lbs so far and Im nearly 24 weeks (eeek)

xx

There are no hard and fast rules, every person is different. It also depends on your starting weight. An average of half a pound a week might make sense, but I have read that some weeks you would gain more than others, and it will slow down right at the very end as the baby reaches full term.

Google "pregnancy weight gain calculator" for some guidelines.

It al depends i think i put most of my weight on in 2nd tri when baby wasnt too big and wasnt squashin my stomach haha. But soon as he got too big, around 30 weeks my appetite started fading again and i was back to eatin very little. but in totali put on 3 stone!! oops lol i was one of these 'im pregnant and i WILL eat 16 donuts if i please' hehe

It al depends i think i put most of my weight on in 2nd tri when baby wasnt too big and wasnt squashin my stomach haha. But soon as he got too big, around 30 weeks my appetite started fading again and i was back to eatin very little. but in totali put on 3 stone!! oops lol i was one of these 'im pregnant and i WILL eat 16 donuts if i please' hehe

Lol! I just ate 4 chocolate donuts out of the 5 pack bags from Tescos!!! I just couldn't stop myself!!!

No wonder i've gained over 25lbs so far and im only 25 weeks. lmao! I don't wanta know what i'll weigh in 15 weeks time ... :wacko:

So far I have gained 24lbs, but that was all before 18weeks. Since then I haven't gained a pound so I'm hoping I'm mostly done now. I think that it is really down to your individual shape, diet and baby's needs.

What seems to happen with me is I dont put on a pound for three/four weeks and then I go and put on 7 pounds in a week and I dont know where it comes from! It must be baby and my bump having growth spurts!
I had these spurts around 18 and 21 weeks maybe that will it now for a few more weeks! x

I've gained no weight at all yet!! 3rd tri I think it's .5lb to 1lb a wk???? But I also think it depends on your starting weight ie under or over weight???

So if Im good Im looking at another 8 pounds or so? I can handle that (I think) lol so that would be around 24 pounds for the whole pregnancy.. I started out a bit overweight so thats at the top of what I 'should' put on but stuff them! lol xx

Sounds a perfect gain ER!!! I'm just waitng for me to start piling it on now :-s

I'm curious to see how much I put on in the last 13 weeks.
So far im up by 13 pounds.

I'm 17 weeks and not put any weight on at all yet infact I've lost loads. I'd be interested in knowing how much I'm going to gain, and when it's going to happen

I have read that 11 pounds is the average during third trimester. This would be the average for normal weight pre-pregnancy women.

My weight has been sporadic. I started out by losing 4 pounds in first trimester - then I finally gained a pound back at my 16 week appointment but that still leaves me at -3. I was overweight to start with though so my doctor isn't worried at all.

for me I gain the most in the last trimester :( last time I gained 24 lbs from 26 till 39 weeks which put me at a 47lb weight gain for the whole pregnancy. this time I am trying not to gain as much in the first two trimesters so it doesn't add up to that much.
for me I just can't get full during the last trimester no matter how much i eat!! its like there's a hole in my stomach or something lol

my doc told me today from about 20 weeks about 1lb per week is quite normal

so far i have lost nearly 2 stone and still not put on a single oz of it back

I gained about 5lb between 8w-12w and then lost it all in 16w (all because I was sick and not keeping down a lot of food for about 2 weeks). Tomorrow, I go back for my anomaly scan and 20w appointment with my OB... hoping to see some weight gain. At my 16w appointment, my OB warned me that I'll need to put on somewhere between 15-25lb between now and near my due date. I'm hoping tomorrow shows me on the right course.

I've gained nothing yet but was the same last time - put on 2.5 stone between 26-39 weeks, eeeeek!!! X

What seems to happen with me is I dont put on a pound for three/four weeks and then I go and put on 7 pounds in a week and I dont know where it comes from! It must be baby and my bump having growth spurts!
I had these spurts around 18 and 21 weeks maybe that will it now for a few more weeks! x

I am the same way. I didnt gain any weight through first tri and then bam...i put on almost 10 pounds in 3 weeks and then I stopped gaining again. Funny how that works. Lets just hope baby don't decide to go crazy in the last few weeks, lol. I might be in trouble :winkwink:

I'm the same as Karla in regards to what the dr said. About a pound a week from week 20. I still have yet to gain but the dr said he wasn't worried and baby measured fine. I have noticed my appetite increasing in the last week so maybe I gained a pound :). I'll be happy with only a 20lb gain as baby is about 8 lbs and then fluids on top of that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->