How much weight gain is normal?

clacko

Reaction score
Hi ladies, pre bfp I was 12 stone! I know that's quite heavy but was relatively slim with a little baby weight from dd still. At my first appointment at ten weeks I was 13 stone and told I was over weight! Two weeks later I'm now 12 stone 4 pound so only really put on 4lb in 12 weeks. Is this average? I have been very sick and admitted twice but I was also extremely bloated at my first appointment x

Before I started IVF I weighed 8st 2lbs and now I weigh 9st 6lbs!!!!

I gain weight rapidly when im pregnant I did with my daughter. I have already brought this up with my MW and she tell me to relax and not worry about it. I told her I gained 3 stone with my daughter and she insists its normal. Personally I hate it but I'm not eating anymore than I was so its out of my control. The only thing I can think that causes it is a fluid build up. My bump is massive for the stage im at but I really do think its fluid because its solid.

I think over the 40 weeks 25-35lb is what you're supposed to aim for. Though if you're underweight it's a bit more and overweight it's a bit less. I put on 3 stone with dd and that's even after losing half a stone in the first 10 weeks due to sickness. This time I'm trying to keep it under control a bit more because I don't want to develop spd again, it was so painful. So now that I'm over the morning sickness I'm trying to eat better and get out more. I ran before pregnancy so I'm still doing that and I've started pregnancy yoga. Also with the nice weather me and dd have been out a lot which helps.

if a woman has average weight before getting pregnant, then she has to gain up to 25-35 pounds post pregnancy. Underweight should put on around 28 - 40 pounds and when it comes to overweight women she has to gain only 15- 20 pounds.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->