How much weight have you gained?

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
Hallo ladies,

I am a bit nervous. I was about 22lbs overweight when this pregnancy started and then I lost some, but at my 25 week checkup I gained about 8lbs. With my first I gained a total of 66lbs and I am so scared to end up there again. I try to eat healthy, but the past week I find that I am constantly hungry and scared it will all add up too quickly. I know I will loose it all after baby is born, but it's still not healthy to gain too much too quickly either. I don't know what I am looking for, maybe some reassurance I guess.

That's amazing!!

I've gained 3 stone so far. Way more than what I did with my DD

I'm 38 weeks and have gained about 20. Everyone says that is great but like you I was a little overweight when I got pregnant. I was losing it and doing a very good job when I got pregnant so I've been trying to be careful about gaining. My doctor says I will lose 25lbs right off when the baby is born so I'm trying not to worry about it so much.

With my first pregnancy my BMI was borderline normal/overweight I think and I gained 3-3.5 stone, second pregnancy I was a stone and a half lighter than before and gained 2.5 stone. This time I am half a stone bigger than I was the first time, so definitely overweight and I've gained 19lbs so far so pretty pleased with myself lol.

With my first, I gained about 45-50lbs total. I was overweight to begin with and ended up not losing any of it. Of course I didn't really try and was going through a lot of stress at the time(stress eater) This time I've been watching what I eat a little more and have only gained about 10lbs total so far. I see that as me actually losing while baby is gaining.

They say out of 30lbs gained, only about 7 is maternal fat stores and the rest is all baby related. Always something good to think about.

With DD I gained 4.5 stones. So far I've gained nearly 3 stone. Both pregnancies I started as the same weight pretty much so quite pleased. I have a lot less water retention this time though which has made life easier.

My first pregnancy I started out at a healthy weight and gained 45 lbs. this time I started out 15 lbs overweight but have only gained 20 lbs. I too was really afraid of over gaining this time but haven't seemed to have a problem. I made a graph for my weight gain this time compared to last to see where I gain the most and keeping an eye on it that way seemed to help my stress about it. I actually weigh 10 lbs less than I did at this point in my last pregnancy.

With dd i put on just shy of 4 stone😑!
I've just weighed myself and I've put on 3 stone so far this time😧, with 10 days to due date.
I lost about 2.5 stone within a couple of weeks last time (lots of the weight was water weight) but never shed the last stone. This time I'm determined to get back to my pre baby weight xx

I started out underweight so I'm thrilled to have gained weight, it was a huge concern for me about gaining enough. At my 35 week appointment I have gained 24 pounds so far:thumbup: I'm hoping to keep some of it after birth, only distribute it rather than all belly lol!

8 lbs at your stage is wonderful. I started this pregnancy in the obese BMI range unfortunately, and so far I've gained about 5lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. My weight actually depresses me sometimes, even though I'm more motivated than ever to get back in shape after I give birth.

Last pregnancy I gained 42 lbs; mostly due, I think, to too much amniotic fluid by the end of the pregnancy though I have no proof. I was down to pre-pregnancy weight by my 3 week checkup. After that I attribute the additional loss to breast feeding. This pregnancy I have only gained 6 lbs so far. No amniotic fluid build up this time I guess. So there is hope of losing all the baby weight.
Also I was and still am a plus size women before both pregnancies.

About 23 lbs. Same as when I gave birth to my son at 36 weeks. I'm 35 weeks now. So not too much more than first pregnancy. Last pregnancy I started at 140 lbs. this one I started at 143 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->