How much wrapping paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangersgirl69

Reaction score
How much meters of wrapping paper did you go through for your LO's Xmas presents last year. Im just about to order my wrapping paper and im worried i wont order enough. I know its a how long is a piece of string question just curious:flower:

It all depends on the amount of presents and sizes. In total I spent £64 on about 300m/ribbons/tags to cover everybody last year. I was left with loads at the end so I decided to rewrap everything again and then wrap families purchases too. I make the same mistake every year.

I never ever get enough, always end up needing to buy more.

I just buy loads of different rolls and mix and match that way if i need more i can just pop out and get more xx

I tend to buy about 50m plus a 'santa' roll which is what the presents that Santa brings are wrapped in. I go to £1shops and get 10m for £1 or 3x3m for £1 and that easily means that I've got enough. I don't bother with ribbons bows much anymore except for grown ups lol. Tags I use sticky ones for the kids (the labels that go on the paper) as it is a lot easier.

I just buy whatever I like, it can always keep for next year. I always buy new stuff and always still have stuff left from last year xx

Thanks for the replys. I think mixing may have to be the way forward. I always wrap them in the same wrap but i usually buy way to much last year i had over 125 meters. I guess im just worried i will buy some lovely paper run out and not be able to get the same as its sold out. Im too OCD for this christmas malarky.

I get a specific paper for each child, a new one every year, usually in the January sales, and wrap only their presents in it. A couple of good sized rolls has always been enough so far, and I've always had left overs, which I keep and use for other people's presents the next year. Pre-kids I used to put fancy ribbon etc on every present, but now it's just nice and neatly wrapped parcels, with sticky labels for other people, but no tags for the kids - that's the point of individual paper. I reduce the amount of paper used by selecting the biggest, most awkward thing to be the present from Father Christmas, as in our house he doesn't wrap. I put a big bow on it, with little jingly bells and a special tag. Think I will get some re-usable personalised wooden ones this year.

I just buy a bunch of cute rolls and mix them up. Although Colin's are usually Disney Character ones.

5 10metre rolls per child plus different for family is normally on for me. But I wrap their santa presents in different paper he fills up their sack. While the main presents and stocking are off is in same paper for each child so I don't need tags

See this is where i go wrong everything is from Santa in this house for now. So everything has the same wrap. Well apart from the presents from Family but they are under the tree and are there as they arrive. So all his presents need to be wrapped the same.Well they dont need to but its been that way every year.

I've no idea. I don't tend to look at how long the rolls are I mix and match and use the paper the next year if any of left.

Almost everything is from santa here, but santa mixes up his paper. The few things we get the boys I reserve one roll for and that will cover all the stuff from us.

My mum always told me that she bought and wrapped my presents, then sent them to Father Christmas to be delivered! So no worries about the wrapping paper or handwriting!

I usually buy six rolls of 10m paper when Card Factory have their 99p stuff on 3for 2. The quality is rubbish, but I jazz it up with bows and curling ribbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"