How often and how long does your 3 month old feed for?

ESF1978

Reaction score
Please share how long and how often your 3 month old feeds for. My LO is 13weeks now and EBF. But we're all over the place with timings and I'm never sure if he's had enough to eat. He's very sick so I feel like I should feed him more often to make sure she gets enough. But I also have a 23 month old who is struggling to deal with the change in the family so it's hard to focus on a routine for the baby as my lg already has a sort of routine that I can't change.

Sometimes my LO only feeds for 5 mins a time, is this enough? I read the 'easy' baby book some time ago and the author suggests baby should feed for 45 mins? He's never fed that long, sometime it may be 20mins but that's usually a night feed after a 5-6hr stretch of sleep. Sometimes it's every 1.5hrs which is difficult for my little girl, other times if we're out and about he can go 3-4 hours in between.

What do/did your Los do and how can I expect it to change over the next 3 months before while EBF before solids?

Any help or info appreciated, thanks xx

11 weeks so not quite the age you're asking.

Daytime = 2-3 hourly for 20-30 minutes
Night time = 2 hourly (normally more 1.5 - 2) for 30-40 minutes

This is reduced from hour to an hour and a half long feeds (day and night!)

Please share how long and how often your 3 month old feeds for. My LO is 13weeks now and EBF. But we're all over the place with timings and I'm never sure if he's had enough to eat. He's very sick so I feel like I should feed him more often to make sure she gets enough. But I also have a 23 month old who is struggling to deal with the change in the family so it's hard to focus on a routine for the baby as my lg already has a sort of routine that I can't change.

Sometimes my LO only feeds for 5 mins a time, is this enough? I read the 'easy' baby book some time ago and the author suggests baby should feed for 45 mins? He's never fed that long, sometime it may be 20mins but that's usually a night feed after a 5-6hr stretch of sleep. Sometimes it's every 1.5hrs which is difficult for my little girl, other times if we're out and about he can go 3-4 hours in between.

What do/did your Los do and how can I expect it to change over the next 3 months before while EBF before solids?

Any help or info appreciated, thanks xx

same as you! 5-10 mins every 1-2hours or if out 3+ hours. Nights usually settles 9/10pm wakes 3/4am then 6/7 am for the day. Still no established feeding routine, i want to change to ff at 6 months and really want to start a routine so i can wean to bottle using my expressed milk to do it gradually x

My 10 week old feeds 1.5-2.5hr in the day for usually 5 or 6 minutes. She has always been efficient after sorting out her tight jaw. We went from feeds lasting forever to five or ten mins.

In the evening she feeds almost hourly from 630 onwards and feeds can last up to 20mins or more. She then goes to bed 930/10 & sleeps anywhere between 4-6hrs, has a 10-15 minute feed then wakes an hour or so later then 3hrs.

At night she will do one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->